• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA1 NSX Type-R Shock Assembly Part Numbers

I am looking for the shock assembly part numbers for the NA1 NSX Type-R (1992 - 1995). I think we can all agree that the part numbers for the NA2 NSX-R are as follows as this has been documented over time in various threads:

51601-SL0-R01 (RF)
51602-SL0-R01 (LF)
52610-SL0-R01 (Rear x2)

The NA1 part numbers are slightly more elusive. After combing through some Japanese parts sites I've come up with the following:

51601-SL0-903 (RF)
51602-SL0-903 (LF)
52610-SL0-903 (Rear x2)

However these are also apparently the same part numbers for the NSX-S-Zero shock assemblies. This makes some sense when looking at, and comparing, the spring rates and damper rates that are documented in the Wiki http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Suspension

Appreciate any info and / or documentation that would clear this up.

Thanks

Received confirmation from Kaz-kzukNA1 that the -903 part is indeed the NA1 Type-R part number as well as the part number for the Type-S-Zero.

NA1 NSX-R and NA2 Type S-Zero use the same dampers and springs. Kind of like the Zanardi and Type-S.

Based on piran1's pictures the NA1 Type R dampers look really similar to NA2 Type R dampers.

For some reason, I always thought NA1 Type R dampers looked differently (maybe based on some picture I saw a long time ago).

Back