• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can you make the lights flash for keyless entry?

I have a 2002 with the stock set up. I notice that the only way to tell if the lock activates is to listen very carefully or just watch the locks go down...call me a nitpicker but I would prefer if the lights would flash or barring that it would beep or something.

My old E36 you could activate/disable this feature depending on your preference by holding down the buttons in a certain way. Is there any way to do this on the NSX or do I just have to live with this most minor of problems?

I have a 2002 with the stock set up. I notice that the only way to tell if the lock activates is to listen very carefully or just watch the locks go down...call me a nitpicker but I would prefer if the lights would flash or barring that it would beep or something.

My old E36 you could activate/disable this feature depending on your preference by holding down the buttons in a certain way. Is there any way to do this on the NSX or do I just have to live with this most minor of problems?

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/nsx-keyless-relay-mod.pdf

I've never heard of that feature for E36s. Can you post a link for that?

No activate / disable feature on the NSX.

I added the Dozier modification to my OEM keyless entry and it generally works well. I started out with the taillight flash which is a very easy modification; however, the requirement to have to be looking at the taillights to confirm operation got a bit old. His comment about not using the modification directly on the horn is correct. The lock pulse is too long and you end up with a horn blast rather than a horn chirp. It will make you unpopular with the neighbours late at night. I modified his circuit by adding a 555 timer set up in monostable mode to give a really short pulse to the horns.

Back