• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tein Flex Z

Sorry if already posted, but does anyone out there have a review of the Tein Flex Z on their NSX? They are comparable in price to the Taiwan/China brands, but these are made in Japan. They are 16 way adjustable and compatible with the EDFC system. They are not rebuildable, however. (probably why so cheap).
Any thoughts?

TIA

Hey anyone running this setup? Can clue us in on performance and feel? The Flex Z price, quality and feature looks very attractive.

I had Tien HA coilovers for my IS300 many years back and they were very good quality. Stiff but spring rate matched nicely.

Check to see if the droop is decent.

When I bought my NSX from my buddy he installed Tein with EDFC.

I forgot which model it was, but needless to say it had horrible droop.

On the freeway rough surfaces I would have the wheels momentarily come off the ground from a hop. No drivers confidence.

Im curious as well to hear from others. I just put my Teins on and have about 500km on them so far. Gotta say they are bouncing...freeway expansion joints (Gardiner Expressway)will cause you to spill your coffee for sure. Im gonna give it a few more drives before I adjust them. I am sitting pretty low now, top few mm's of my rear tire is tucked inside my wheel well

Never was a fan of the Tein Flex line. Had a set on my s2000 and the travel is just way too short and the springs were too stiff. The ride was very jolting.

Back