• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spam \ Phishing??

Had a PM in response to my wanted ad and am pretty sure it is some sort of spam \ phishing scam, just thought I'd highlight it to others:

"Hi,

Please contact Tim on [email protected] regarding your request . He gave me a great deal when i purchased from him. He is located in the USA fast shipping and trusted. His Cell phone # is 435-393-2532

Thanks"

From a registered member "vcatr".

I just got the same pm. I e-mailed Tim because I thought were was Wheels related deals (TE37s) and I'll let you know how that goes. It does look like a scam with an account made this month and 0 posts.

Good evening. I googled this phone number because I recieved the identical message on fiesta st forums. The sender had 0 posts. When I emailed Tim Butley, he sent me a picture of recarro seats. I asked for another picture with a piece of paper with his name on it. He asked me to wire him $1100. Sometimes when something is too good to be real....

Everything about this account does indeed look suspicious. I disabled it and strongly recommend nobody send any money!

Back