• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any drone pilots here???

Total noob to the drone world, but loving it....always wanted one and after winning one of my fantasy football leagues I figured I'd get me a toy or two.

Wow!!! These things are amazing!!!! I ended up getting the Phantom 3 4k as I found an incredible deal from B+H online...they had a 24 hour sale and I got it for $499 shipped with no tax!!! Usually these go for about $630 -$799(full retail) for the p3 4k.

I've only flown it about five times so far but getting braver and braver with every flight...amazing the view you can get from up there.

Can't wait to get really good and start making some great videos with the NSX and other cool concepts.

Anybody else out there ???

Going to go fly right now....will post some vids and pics soon.

Yes!!!I have the typhoon h hexicopter with retractable landing gear. I love it. Very advanced drone but I find it very easy to fly. Camera quality is just a tad bit under the phantom. I took this quick vid Sunday up at my favorite winery. My drone has a follow me function but I have not tried it yet.
https://youtu.be/lUfGnQHsi7w

Awesome....can't wait to take this with me on my Hawaii trips.

Have a lot to learn for now....would like to get good enough to start making some money off of these things someday.

Will try to post some pics and vids soon.

This is the controller for my drone. As you can see it is loaded with stuff. Still learning myself as it is my first drone. But it ain't too hard. But there is always the voice in the back of my mind saying I am out a grand if I crash it.:eek:
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    362.7 KB · Views: 154
DO NOT DO ANY UPDATES!!!!

DJIs update bricked my Phantom 2V+ and it's a very common issue for their software updates to damage the quads. My Phantom has been working perfectly for years and as soon as this forced update was complete, it stopped working.

Again, this is a known and common issue and since my drone is out of warranty, they are charging me $267 to repair the damage THEY caused.

I trusted DJI as a stand up and quality company and didn't think twice about the update. After this problem I've found similar issues on tons of threads across multiple forums.

DJI is not a stand up company and I would never recommend them to anyone. Their support department is a frustrating joke and no matter how you look at it, their either incompetent and allowed an update that can damage a perfectly functional drone to go out to their customers, OR they did this intentionally to generate more profit and/or force their customers into buying a new model.

Either way, I lost all trust and respect for DJI and again, DO NOT UPDATE YOUR DRONE!!!! Or even plug it in beyond downloading your footage.

DO NOT DO ANY UPDATES!!!!

It's funny you should say that Billy. On the yuneek forums EVERYONE says the same thing about issues after updates. Then there are people who say they never update it, calibrate the gps and gimbal,and have zero issues after years of flight. Which is why I will not update it. I just run the gps calibration and off I go. I almost went with a dji mavic pro for portability but I just kept going back to the yuneek with 6 props, retracting landing gear, carbon prop arms, and awesome features. Plus it just looks menacing in the air.

I got mine during Christmas break for $1099 Phantom 4. Phantom 4 added a new feature that is "obstacle avoidance".

It comes with 2 batteries ( I do recommend to have at least 2 batteries, it drains quickly 28 min. )and a goggle. I have not tried to use the goggle yet and I need to down an app for it. It would happy fun to virtual reality view. I want to learn more about it and how to use it. Is there a forum for DIJ?

I got mine during Christmas break for $1099 Phantom 4. Phantom 4 added a new feature that is "obstacle avoidance".

It comes with 2 batteries ( I do recommend to have at least 2 batteries, it drains quickly 28 min. )and a goggle. I have not tried to use the goggle yet and I need to down an app for it. It would happy fun to virtual reality view. I want to learn more about it and how to use it. Is there a forum for DIJ?

Yes, there are DJI and Yuneek forums.
http://forum.dji.com/

I found a good one called PhantomPilots.com

They are definitely some really cool toys. Just be careful how you use them. Register your drone on the FAA website and get a registration number. It costs 5 dollars and takes about 20 minutes. Also, be very careful where you fly or spy...
The winery didn't like my drone too much.:biggrin: But I am a VIP member and had just bought 2 cases so they were very polite about it as was I and immediately landed. The security guard kept asking about the drone and features. Just be careful flying guys and enjoy.

They are definitely some really cool toys. Just be careful how you use them. Register your drone on the FAA website and get a registration number. It costs 5 dollars and takes about 20 minutes. Also, be very careful where you fly or spy...
The winery didn't like my drone too much.:biggrin: But I am a VIP member and had just bought 2 cases so they were very polite about it as was I and immediately landed. The security guard kept asking about the drone and features. Just be careful flying guys and enjoy.

First, I want thank you, Jinks and 91 x for link of DIJ.

2nd, is it one time fee or annually? It might a stupid question, but I ask you any way. What happens if you don't register it ? Big fine and jail time. Got it!!:cool:

I have a huge open space in the back of the house that I could spread the wing wide for miles.

Last edited:

2nd, is it one time fee or annually? It might a stupid question, but I ask you any way. What happens if you don't register it ? Big fine and jail time. Got it!!:cool:
1 time fee. It is law to register your drone. If you choose not to, hey that is fine. I am not a judge. My winery flight would light up the yuneek forums if I posted it there. But I would register it. The FAA provide you with a registration number after you register. But you the pilot have to affix it to the craft. I.e. It doesn't come in the mail like DMV registration. Happy flying...

Hey Jinks, I just registered and it is good for 3 years. www.registermyuas.faa.gov .

Did you say it takes 20 minutes to register? It took me only 1 min to enter name, address, email and asked for the money. Did I go on the right website above?

Did you say to stick it where it can be seen? Or put it in my wallet? I prefer to leave in the wallet( It looks so damn ugly to stick it on the craft)

Last edited:
Hey Jinks, I just registered and it is good for 3 years. Did you say to stick it where it can be seen? Or put it in my wallet? I prefer to leave in the wallet( It looks so damn ugly to stick it on the craft)
I printed mine on a label machine and affixed it into the tray where the battery slides in. That way, it is concealed but also in accordance with law. That is usually what people do. Or, you can affix a label to the outer shell but law says it must be on the craft.

I have a huge open space in the back of the house that I could spread the wing wide for miles.

Yes just registered today.. $24.99 good for 3 years.

Yes I am wondering the 24.99 charge too. But also I had forgotten that it was a 3 year term as I registered my drone at Christmas dinner when I was just a tad bit buzzed.:cool: My memory ain't what it used to be. But I do remember it only being a 5 dollar charge. Hummm .

Why your is $24.99? I paid only $5 for 3 years. Is this the right website https://registermyuas.faa.gov? I have seen there are several different websites after I googled it. Not sure if some of them are scam?

Yeah I was directed there by a link by google.... federaldroneregistration.com

Looks like the real deal but it's just a "helper" site that overcharged me $20.. think I'm going to cancel it and the charge dispute it with my Credit card company.... thanks for the heads up.

I know it's only $20, but it's the principle.:mad:

Yes. Good video!

Is there a drone out there now that has a decent "follow me" feature? Like say, for a track day.. Can it follow you and keep the car within the camera screen?

The phantom 3 -4K -advanced and pro all have that feature as well as many of the newest smart drones.

These things are amazing!!!

There are also apps like litchi that will allow older smart drones do all the latest tricks.

Back