• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any drone pilots here???

The phantom 3 -4K -advanced and pro all have that feature as well as many of the newest smart drones.

These things are amazing!!!

There are also apps like litchi that will allow older smart drones do all the latest tricks.

Are these apps are free for iphone or Android phones?

Also to any new pilots why fly in the wilderness, watch out for preying birds!!!! They will attack your drone.

Has any one used the virtual reality viewer? Which app is good to download for Phantom 4?

It appears that you actually are inside the drone and flying it.

This is really exciting guys.

Could you recommend an "entry level" drone that is good enough for follow-me on track days?

Best buy is selling the 3DR solo for $299 with extra battery and gimbal, but DO NOT BUY IT.

There is a reason they're dumping them for so cheap ...3DR is going under and will no longer be around soon.

I would recommend the phantom 3 (4k or Avdvanced) they are by far the Apple iPhone of the industry.(in fact Apple might be buying them out soon)

Or you can get a phantom 3 standard and then use the litchi app for the extra smart features( but I wouldn't trust it as much as the oem Dji app)

Shop around and you might find a great deal like I did... Basically got a Phantom3 4k for the price of the p3 standard ($499 shipped no tax.)

Also, I'd recommend buy a cheaper drone under $100 to learn how to fly with...there or some good ones on Amazon for $60-100...

Keep us updated!

how do you guys keep the drone from running out of juice far far away...does the unit warn you and give you enough time to return to base?

how do you guys keep the drone from running out of juice far far away...does the unit warn you and give you enough time to return to base?
It uses gps and will automatically fly home where it took off safely if battery reaches critcal level. On the user screen you see things such as height,speed,battery life,gps location, camera controls, etc. Mine has obstacle avoidance feature as well which uses sonar and will avoid hazards but only the front facing hazards.

Also, DIJ would give you alarm once the battery is below 25%. you could push the home button and it will fly home where it took off ( is it that cool!!). I woulld recommend to get 1 extra battery. Each one with fully charged would last 28 min. and it take about 1.5 hour to charge it back. Virtual reality with goggle might be the coolest thing. It will be on my next list.

Last edited:
I can't recommend DJI for their shady business practices and horrendous customer service.

If you do have a DJI product, DO NOT UPDATE any of the software!!!!

[video]https://www.skypixel.com/pilot/videos/share/check-out-my-latest-artwork-7b2b0204-0225-4ff7-9511-862d85613c39?account=gotnsx[/video]

Messing around yesterday

Back