• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Trip to the Acura Dealer

My 1991 NSX was away for around 4 months at the dealer getting the SOS Anti-Lock Brake update...which ended up chasing a couple bad parts, multiple trips to Arizona and one to Japan...but finally got it back just last week. Yeah!

During my multiple stops at Buerkle Acura to check on the progress of my car, I kept missing the 2017's they had come through for delivery. Well they finally have an unsold model on the floor that I got to go over closely, and I have to say my mostly negative opinion of the 2017 is now gone. I like it. There are a few styling items I'm not keen on (WTF with the gas filler door?) but that's mostly nit-picking. It has a great presence, the flow of the lines is good and while not a Porsche 918, sure goes a long way towards making that sort of technology accessible to more common folk like us. Yes, its a lot of money, and no I'm not buying one right now, but I do approve of the work they did.

Check out the neat NSXmobilia they have there - and note the incorrect (NA1/2) font used for the tire insert!
IMG_5119.jpg

IMG_5121.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

4 months?:eek:
What all did they do? How are you liking the sos abs upgrade?

Ed,
Glad to hear you got your car back! I saw it at the dealership for quite some time. Seemed every time I was there so was your car. I'm sure you'll more than enjoy the new ABS, I know I have in mine. There are plenty of goof-balls in our neck of the woods that you have watch out for and the ABS helps keep us from getting too close to them.

They had a white 2017 last year that was quite impressive. Initially, I didn't really think the white would be that good looking, but in person was actually remarkably attractive. Did they let you in the car? Or just let you admire from afar? I presume the latter for if you were in the vehicle, you would have shared some interior photos.

Well there's the kick of it - I had left hip surgery and I still can't get IN my car or the 2017, let alone drive a clutch, so I haven't test driven my car or sat in the new one. A Billy Joel song line comes to mind..."At least he can polish the fenders". Nice.

Ed,

I'm terribly sorry to hear that. Sounds dreadful. I hope you get well soon and don't slip on any of the ice that keeps forming every morning.

I'm fairly certain you will appreciate the changes with the upgraded ABS.

Get well soon!!

Wow, I just saw a lease ad for 1994. It was $779/mo, $5000 down.

Back