• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Billy Johnson - 2017 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona - PHOTOS

Billy ran a nice race at Daytona in the Ford GT #68 . Many people have asked me if I took photos of Billy so here are a few:

i-MPtPswc-X2.jpg

i-dwVzrn3-X2.jpg

i-sW4DCmw-XL.jpg

i-W6nHVVG-X2.jpg

i-VDtjnkW-X2.jpg

i-7pszHm8-X2.jpg

i-SV5tvwr-X2.jpg

i-zcrNgX4-X2.jpg

i-tbVkVrV-X2.jpg

i-sh46T3N-X2.jpg

i-L6xNMr4-X2.jpg

Bob, is there an official or unofficial thread for NSX Owners meetups perhaps?

Nothing as of the moment - it's usually race by race. I will be at sebring and will start one as we get closer. I have been trying to arrange meet and greets for our members with "that other team" (sorry Billy!) but always stop by to see Billy and his team at the races I attend.

Awesome! Are you going to Silverstone, Spa, or LeMans?
I think I missed you at Spa by about 1-2 wks last year! It might be LeMans if I can convince the S.O. to make a vacation out of it :) LeMans might be a little tough though because my one big "car" trip for this year will be Japan. Sebring is probably more likely which I will go solo or drag a friend or two along.

Nothing as of the moment - it's usually race by race. I will be at sebring and will start one as we get closer. I have been trying to arrange meet and greets for our members with "that other team" (sorry Billy!) but always stop by to see Billy and his team at the races I attend.
Thanks! Hope I see it.

Hey Billy how much power was the GT engine making in race trim? did you carry any penalty weight or intake restriction?

I think I missed you at Spa by about 1-2 wks last year! It might be LeMans if I can convince the S.O. to make a vacation out of it :) LeMans might be a little tough though because my one big "car" trip for this year will be Japan. Sebring is probably more likely which I will go solo or drag a friend or two along.

Thanks! Hope I see it.
I don't think i'm going to be at Sebring.

Hey Billy how much power was the GT engine making in race trim? did you carry any penalty weight or intake restriction?
The FIA/ACO specifies EVERYTHING. It's insane. They have specific boost targets for every couple hundred RPM, so they tailor the torque and HP curve to whatever they want it to be. Not just peak power. It's in the neighborhood of 500-550hp. About 100hp less than the street car; and yes, the GTD cars generally have more power than GTLM cars.

wow, amazing control over power.....I really appreciate your contributions to our little site.....

I don't think i'm going to be at Sebring.

The FIA/ACO specifies EVERYTHING. It's insane. They have specific boost targets for every couple hundred RPM, so they tailor the torque and HP curve to whatever they want it to be. Not just peak power. It's in the neighborhood of 500-550hp. About 100hp less than the street car; and yes, the GTD cars generally have more power than GTLM cars.

Early in the season, but do you know if you will be at Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta? Got to watch a little bit of the race overseas. They only showed 4 hours of it. :(

well I'm blissfully ignorant to that since I'm in denial of FB...own the stock but don't use the product.

Back