• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch bleeding nipple, where?

Anyone can tell me where the nipple is to bleed the clutch? I did a search but no luck as to where it is, I jack the rear driver side up but don't see it, TIA

It's on the top of the slave cylinder - follow the fluid line from the body to the transmission area. The line leads to the slave.
It may be easier to get at by removing driver's rear wheel - you can also get at it from underneath or by removing air box and
coming in from the top.

I used the following guide to change my clutch fluid:
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?6737-Clutch-Fluid-Change

I had the same questions as you before I attempted it. However after I jacked up the car and went underneath, it was easy to find. The fluid that came out of the bleeder nipple was black for me, and it felt very satisfying seeing the old fluid get replaced with the new fluid.

Last edited:
Just finish this easy job, it's amazing how dirty it gets fast, last change was 3 years ago. I'm going to do this once a year
it took about 30 min, but next time it will take about 15. Like Larry B. Said the clutch gets just so much more than breaking yet, this fluid rarely gets mentioned as far as changing. I did it gravity method to avoid air, just crack open bleeder, open the reservoir make sure it never run empty. You can aprosch the nipple from above as well, easier that way next time, don't have to jack car or take rear wheel off. It was very satisfying job seeing the dirty fluid come out.

Thanks andr3w for the link, that was very informative and very nicely done

Back