• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exedy twin organic clutch-who's running it?

My clutch is starting to let go and slip slightly in 2nd,F$CK!!!Who here is running the exedy twin organic clutch? Cody's thread on it closed before anyone commented on its use. I want oem feel and oem engagement. This seems like the winner, just want to confirm. Anyone who has it please comment or shoot me a pm.

Last edited:
I purchased one. I haven't had much drive time with it however. My car has a CTSC and dyno'd at 355HP.

The clutch engages very similar to stock and increases the pedal effort by maybe 10%.

All in all I'm happy with it. But I don't have experience with other clutches.

I purchased one. I haven't had much drive time with it however. My car has a CTSC and dyno'd at 355HP.

The clutch engages very similar to stock and increases the pedal effort by maybe 10%.

All in all I'm happy with it. But I don't have experience with other clutches.
Does it hold on a dig at 4K rpm? Stock is terrible for holding launches with my ctsc @340 WHP. Is there any chatter or noises? These are the main reasons for not buying other clutches for me. Thanks.

Does it hold on a dig at 4K rpm? Stock is terrible for holding launches with my ctsc @340 WHP. Is there any chatter or noises? These are the main reasons for not buying other clutches for me. Thanks.

The weather hasn't been conducive for me to try. [emoji41]

I don't hear any chatter or noises.

The weather hasn't been conducive for me to try. [emoji41]

I don't hear any chatter or noises.
Just what I needed to hear. Thank you. How does it hook up into gear? Nice and strong?

Also running it, but at stock power levels. I will say it is very similar to what I had in there before which was not stock but I'd say is similar to stock S2000 pedal levels. Its very easy drive, nothing like the ON-OFF switch that you get with a puck style clutch, it's very OEM feeling in slip and user-friendliness. Can't comment on how it will hold up to high power levels but I think they're rated for fairly high TQ levels and I have no reason to believe it wouldn't hold as advertised.

Running it. Love it. Installed for 1 year on my turbo build with zero issues, its so smooth on engagement, and no annoying rattling sound of usual twin discs. It does feel OEM, but stiffer pedal.

I strongly recommend this clutch.

I have no actual experience with it, but this was the clutch I have done a lot of research on and want to use in my NSX in the future.

The general consensus from my research was similar to what foundry3 said "like OEM, but better" (little stiffer but able to handle more power).

Running it. Love it. Installed for 1 year on my turbo build with zero issues, its so smooth on engagement, and no annoying rattling sound of usual twin discs. It does feel OEM, but stiffer pedal.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to decide among this and the OSG clutch when my SOS twin carbon eventually goes.

In the year you've had it installed, about how many miles have you put on it, and what torque are you putting down please?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to decide among this and the OSG clutch when my SOS twin carbon eventually goes.

In the year you've had it installed, about how many miles have you put on it, and what torque are you putting down please?

So far around 8k miles at 390 TQ, and I'm not very nice to it:)

So did you get one?

I am looking to replace mine soon. Since I want the car to be fixed in time I am thinking of just going on the SOS website and getting their SOS 350 or the Exedy Twin organic 425. My car is modified to about 320 tq since it is supercharged.

I believe my clutch wore out because I was feathering it too much. Apparently a twin disc clutch needs to be ridden differently than a normal clutch. I am just wondering if I should stick with a twin plate clutch and just learn to drive it or should I go with the more realistic sport clutch. Will the Exedy twin organic clutch wear out faster than the SOS 350 if I use it on the street?

Yes I did get the exedy twin disk but my motor is still being fully built so I have no seat time. Not that science of speed is bad, but the exedy twin organics are way better from what I am told. These are the ones Shad recommends and compares similar to that of a ct powergrip clutch with less pedal effort.

Will the Exedy twin organic clutch wear out faster than the SOS 350 if I use it on the street?

That's a frightening thought. My SOS Sport 350 appears to have worn out after 14k street miles, with some autocross. And I make effort not to slip the clutch any more than necessary.

Organic clutches are meant for the street so they should wear less than that of say a carbon disk. Not sure of the flywheel weight itself but. The whole assembly is 29 lbs. The flywheel is steel so I imagine it is heavy and oem like in weight. I am still curious to what my oem will look like after about 10k miles. I missed my ct clutch the moment I drove away on the oem.

Hi Jinks,

Thanks for the information! Flywheel weight is a major factor for me since i'm on the "NA + weight reduction" route so i want the engine as responsive as possible (easyer to rev match and increased responsiveness)

What i was told from contacting ATS is that carbon produces a lot of heat if you slip the clutch more than 2 seconds. The carbon disc itself is not affected by heat but the pressure plate and floating disc tend to warp from the heat. A long slipping clutch will cause a disengagement problem. Otherwise, a carbon clutch lasts longer than a metal clutch.

I'm considering a sport clutch (OSG / Exedy or ATS) vs OEM + JUN Lightweight flywheel, but i'm still doing my homework to come to a decision, so all the feedback is very appreciated

Hi Jinks,

Thanks for the information! Flywheel weight is a major factor for me since i'm on the "NA + weight reduction" route so i want the engine as responsive as possible (easyer to rev match and increased responsiveness)

What i was told from contacting ATS is that carbon produces a lot of heat if you slip the clutch more than 2 seconds. The carbon disc itself is not affected by heat but the pressure plate and floating disc tend to warp from the heat. A long slipping clutch will cause a disengagement problem. Otherwise, a carbon clutch lasts longer than a metal clutch.

I'm considering a sport clutch (OSG / Exedy or ATS) vs OEM + JUN Lightweight flywheel, but i'm still doing my homework to come to a decision, so all the feedback is very appreciated

No problem, just sharing my own thoughts. Here is a good reading article I referenced when trying to shop clutches.
http://www.clutch-kits-australia.com/organic-clutches.html

Just received it in the mail a few days ago from SoS. I will be installing it this week and letting you know how it feels.

y4mAel6cp9tpHbo4rnL6GXPjuPokDOesvAm_KQgy4rIMlf_QbvphKSB8hKiWIptD84rnRmoobdBU5MLYykMcB57O_UWbFKMl-gvdsTc9evt_x2OlIA-mBBvdEMzQaNJPmo_VvSPlQJgxsLLgr-XSBtHKkUdcj0bhLfO1M6nmCin0tQH2dcNfdl0og3HLdCnogT14VNKX2XaBruwXhXJZnpPuA

Awesome. I hope it is a little less spongie than oem.

I am also running it and agree with this feedback. I had the clutch dampner installed as well to widen the breaking point. Definitely stiffer than OEM. I'm not FI, but 335hp NA and will be going FI soon, hence why I went this clutch. Two other owners here in Denver also run this clutch. One is 500+whp.

I am also running it and agree with this feedback. I had the clutch dampner installed as well to widen the breaking point. Definitely stiffer than OEM. I'm not FI, but 335hp NA and will be going FI soon, hence why I went this clutch. Two other owners here in Denver also run this clutch. One is 500+whp.
So did you do the clutch damper delete? Or you currently run the oem clutch damper?

So did you do the clutch damper delete? Or you currently run the oem clutch damper?

Sorry yea the Delete. I had a CT PG2 in there and loved it but dc'd, Exedy supposedly share the same manufacturer.

Sorry yea the Delete. I had a CT PG2 in there and loved it but dc'd, Exedy supposedly share the same manufacturer.

Great! Beacause I loved my PG2 clutch as well. So maybe I should do the damper delete as well. It's strange though how the twin disk exedy feels like the single disk PG2? But boy do I miss that clutch!

Back