• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PPI Help and Advice in Chicago Area Please

Hi guys! Would a current owner in the Chicago area please check out and test drive an NSX for me?

I have been on Prime since around 2006. The NSX has been my dream car since they first came out; I have never driven one and just recently first rode in one briefly last summer. I am seriously considering pulling the trigger on a 1995 Red/Black, 5sp w/ 82K miles for sale at Gold Coast Motors http://www.gcmchicago.com/ in Naperville, IL. There are lots of photos and a CarFax.

They say it is all original (which I want) and was just serviced by Partners in Performance (OEM TB/WP, tensioner, oil, coolant, and steering rack and pinion repaired). I spoke to the mechanic, and he said everything looks fine, but I would like an “NSX owner’s eye” or two to check it out (especially the steering).

After an initial NSX inspection from an owner, I would like to have a PPI done at Muller’s Woodfield Acura that’s listed in the forum NSX Shop Map (unless there’s someplace closer to Naperville someone can recommend that’s as good as Muller’s). If all checks out, I would consider purchasing it sight unseen and have it shipped (I’m in Jax, FL). Thanks in advance guys!

Take note of the wear on the interior pieces. I see a lot that could add up. I also see what might be over spray on the left front edge of the wheel well.

Take note of the wear on the interior pieces. I see a lot that could add up. I also see what might be over spray on the left front edge of the wheel well.

Thanks James, you have a very good eye. After Brylek checked it out for me, he found out the passenger front fender had been replaced, and the interior is not nearly as nice as I thought.

Back