• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What brand and what size tires are you running on your fronts? 18" Wheel

I am currently running BFG KWDs and they are wearing out. I need new front tires and they only seem to offer 4 tires on tire rack and discount tire.

Currently I am running 215-35-18

I would like to know what everyone else is running.

Also has anyone jumped up to a 225-35-18? If so I can jump into the Michelin PSS.

Thanks

I am currently running BFG KWDs and they are wearing out. I need new front tires and they only seem to offer 4 tires on tire rack and discount tire.

Currently I am running 215-35-18

I would like to know what everyone else is running.

Also has anyone jumped up to a 225-35-18? If so I can jump into the Michelin PSS.

Thanks

I'm running 225-35-18 in a supersport,

its on an 8.5 et35

no rubbing or anything and I'm pretty low on coilovers :) but I am running a degree of camber.

Is anyone running 215/40/18 on the front. I'm looking at some new tyers that came out by federal (Rs-rr) and the closest to 215/35/18 that I'm running(federal 595 sport) are 215/40/18. My wheels are 18x8.5 +35

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am currently running a 215/35/18 tire, but would love to jump into a 225/35/18 if there are no rubbing issues. My front wheels are 18x8 +38. Has anyone run a 225/35/18 tire on a 18x8 +38 wheel? I see hkz286 says he is running this size tire but he is on a 8.5" rim. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I am lowered on KW V3

Thanks!

Steve

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am currently running a 215/35/18 tire, but would love to jump into a 225/35/18 if there are no rubbing issues. My front wheels are 18x8 +38. Has anyone run a 225/35/18 tire on a 18x8 +38 wheel? I see hkz286 says he is running this size tire but he is on a 8.5" rim. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Steve

I run a 18x8.0+37 advan rg3 up front with the Michelin PSS 225/18/35 there's no rubbing lock to lock but if you run extremely low, you smack the fenders on full compression. I have my kw set perfectly so there is no fender smack. Here is
how they look. Low and aggressive but not sitting on the fenders.
IMG_0137.jpg

I run a 18x8.0+37 advan rg3 up front with the Michelin PSS 225/18/35 there's no rubbing lock to lock but if you run extremely low, you smack the fenders on full compression. I have my kw set perfectly so there is no fender smack. Here is
how they look. Low and aggressive but not sitting on the fenders.
View attachment 143481

Hey Jinks, Thanks for the response... I really appreciate it! I'm running the Advan RZDF and it looks like our size and offsets are nearly the same so I should be okay with the PSS's in 225/35/18. I'm not very low, actually about the same height as you are so that should be fine. Out of curiosity, what size wheel are your rears and what size tire are you running? I have a 19x10 +35 running a 265/30/19. Was wondering if I could jump to a 275.

Thank you!

Hey Jinks, Thanks for the response... I really appreciate it! I'm running the Advan RZDF and it looks like our size and offsets are nearly the same so I should be okay with the PSS's in 225/35/18. I'm not very low, actually about the same height as you are so that should be fine. Out of curiosity, what size wheel are your rears and what size tire are you running? I have a 19x10 +35 running a 265/30/19. Was wondering if I could jump to a 275.

Thank you!
They are 19x10+35 offset running a 265/30/19 Michelin PSS. I used to have the Nitto NT555 in a 275/30/19. The 265 look awesome on the car and have a wide width. The PSS are by far the best damn tires I have ever driven on. The wear on them is like nothing I have seen on an early nsx. Even if they did rub, I'd run them. I basically built my suspension around them to work. I am sure RYU and Stuntman will tell you the same thing. I highly recommend. But I am not a track racer. Just a street nsx guy.

They are 19x10+35 offset running a 265/30/19 Michelin PSS. I used to have the Nitto NT555 in a 275/30/19. The 265 look awesome on the car and have a wide width. The PSS are by far the best damn tires I have ever driven on. The wear on them is like nothing I have seen on an early nsx. Even if they did rub, I'd run them. I basically built my suspension around them to work. I am sure RYU and Stuntman will tell you the same thing. I highly recommend. But I am not a track racer. Just a street nsx guy.

Cool! Thanks for the info! I hear ya in terms of the PSS's. I run them on my Lexus ISF and absolutely love them. I'm currently overhauling my NSX suspension and I really wanted to jump into the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2, but unfortunately they don't make them in the 18" size that will fit. If I couldn't get into the Sport Cup 2's then I wanted to get into the PSS but wasn't sure if I would run into any issues running a 225 tire on my size rim. Right now, I have the Yokohama S. Drive and while they are an "Okay" tire, I want to put on something that will match up much nicer to a refined suspension.

[MENTION=30599]prym8[/MENTION] runs the sport cup 2's.

Yeah a big thumbs up for the PSC2s. I finally had a track day on them & they were great. I have mentioned in other threads what was involved in fitting them.. basicly it's stealing all of [MENTION=16531]stuntman[/MENTION] 's ideas [emoji3]
I just need to get the NSX out of the garage more.

Yeah a big thumbs up for the PSC2s. I finally had a track day on them & they were great. I have mentioned in other threads what was involved in fitting them.. basicly it's stealing all of [MENTION=16531]stuntman[/MENTION] 's ideas [emoji3]
I just need to get the NSX out of the garage more.

Nice! Is there a cliff note version of what was involved? lol.

Hey Regan, you mentioned that you were also running a PSS 225/35/18 front tire. What are your wheel spec's? Any issues with rubbing?

Thanks!

Steve

Hey Regan, you mentioned that you were also running a PSS 225/35/18 front tire. What are your wheel spec's? Any issues with rubbing?

Thanks!

Steve
Hi Steve, i'm running DF fenders so not sure how pertinent it is for your situation? 225/35/18 seems within limits for a stock fender on a proper fitting wheel though. Would depend how low you are.

Back