• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Avoid? Frame damage and three instances of vapor leak

Hi everyone! I'm wanting to check this car out and received some maintence records from the previous owner. The big thing is frame damage cited in a valet accident (see attached screenshot).

Also, there were three instances of code P1456 "evaporation leak on tank side. Any significant worries here? Hoping to have an inspection performed beyond what they've done already.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9427.jpg
    IMG_9427.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 279
I'll chime in as no one else seems to have posted.
If you are an experienced body man with access to a frame measuring machine and can restore the frame to OEM specs then it might be worth a look.
If you would have to pay someone to do the frame restoration work I doubt this project makes sense financially.
Better to buy a straight framed non-salvage NSX and restore it over time.

Is this is the yellow 03 that's in Littleton CO?
With damage from the front lip to the front exhaust manifold it sounds like a major accident.
If the frame can be verified back to oem condition it might be worth looking at.
Otherwise I'd find another.

Yeah...it looks like the yellow '03 in CO. Interestingly enough, no frame damage on the history report. Looks like the seller is asking $80K plus for the car. If in fact it does have structural damage, at that price I'd pass. Valet accident, huh? That should be a capital offense.

Back