• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

fan works fine with a/c on hardly blow at all in heater mode or just fresh air

I presume that is a question rather than just a statement of fact?

If you leave the climate control in Auto mode (AC not turned off) and crank up the temperature do you get heat and does the fan speed run at speeds other than just low? Have you run the climate control unit through its self test and function test modes?

ran the test and the indication was FULL AUTO, Temp 90. green fresh air light. Does this indicate any specific issue? Thanks

Did you try this - If you leave the climate control in Auto mode (AC not turned off) and crank up the temperature do you get heat and does the fan speed run at speeds other than just low?

Might be time to send an email off to Brian K at NSXE repair.

Last edited:
I will try this in morning. This is done with ignition turned to on, motor not running. correct? Thanks for you reply and time.

I think you need to do the test with the engine running. The climate control might show Auto with the ignition on/ , motor off; but it obviously cannot do full auto control unless the AC can be operated. Without looking at the wiring diagram, I don't know for sure that the engine has to be running to do the full auto mode test; but, I would be inclined to do the test with the engine running.

Did the test. Results point to mode control motor and air mix control. Could the climate control unit cause the problems with the mode control motor and air mix control ? I could not find a test for climate control unit. Is there a test for it?
Thanks

Back