• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Seat Belt rebuilding?

My seat belt retractors are worn out and the webbing could stand to be replaced. Can anyone recommend a rebuilding/restoring service for this? OEM replacements are pretty pricey.

Check the Honda warranty. If the retractors are non functioning, they may still be covered by warranty since car manufactures typically have extended warranties on SRS components. Some vendors (Nissan) essentially offered forever warranties until sometime in the early 2000s when they changed to 10 or 15 years or something like that. The webbing may be a separate issue as frayed webbing may be considered a normal wear item not covered by warranty.

If its not covered by warranty, there are a number of vendors (Seat Belt Planet) who offer re webbing services. Some of these vendors will not touch belts with pyrotechnic pre tensioners. Some claim to be able to repair pre tensioners. You may have to contact the different vendors to see who can do the work if you need both the belt and the retractor repair services.

Thanks Guys! I had no idea about the warranty possibility, will research that. I've found any number of "remanufactures" but many of them only do post-'95 ( I assume with the firing-type pretensions?) and the ones who do earlier cars are primarily American vehicles only. I did find Seat Belt Planet and a few others, will follow up. I was just wondering in anyone here could actually recommend a source. OEM are about $700 a pair for the main belts.

Back