• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX test drive.

Going for a test drive this morning :excitement:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• J.jpg
    J.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 246
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Had a very disappointing experience at the dealer today, i showed up at around 11am and i was told to sign up and wait for my turn for the test drives, i waited around a hr with a few prime members which i didnt mind and totally understand but then right around my turn, we were all told sorry the manager has to take the car somewhere so no more test drives, no explanation or anything, sad cause i took some time off work and drove a good amount for this event.

Wow. I guess I was lucky. I got there around 1:45 and had to wait about an hour. They had taken the car to a prospective buyer. When it came back, I got the last drive.
He said they will be doing more in the future though.
Anyway, great drive and SUPER CAR.

Craig, I'm glad you didn't wait for nothing! As I was waiting at the closest signal, I saw the white NSX pull in to the dealership. Alan got screwed, too.

Had a very disappointing experience at the dealer today, i showed up at around 11am and i was told to sign up and wait for my turn for the test drives, i waited around a hr with a few prime members which i didnt mind and totally understand but then right around my turn, we were all told sorry the manager has to take the car somewhere so no more test drives, no explanation or anything, sad cause i took some time off work and drove a good amount for this event.

Yeah that was pretty whack... drove all the way up from Temecula for that :mad:

You think they would have planned it better.....nice to see some of you guys though.

I had other business to take care of in downtown LA. I would NORMALLY have ridden the train but drove instead so I would be able to drive to the dealership after completing my business downtown. I CALLED from downtown to confirm the car was still there and available to test drive and was told that there were two people waiting but "YES" they were still giving test drives. This was at 2p. I made it there before 3p (TRAFFIC) and was told that the car left an hour ago. So.....yes it was nice of Acura to make it available........... BUT if they SAY it's going to be available 9-5 they shouldn't be flighty and take off before 5.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 7.54.42 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 7.54.42 AM.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 37
What a HUGE let down for those who took time off work, drove far, etc. to drive the new car. That is so LAME! Sorry to read this. Will they give you guys another shot at it?

What a HUGE let down for those who took time off work, drove far, etc. to drive the new car. That is so LAME! Sorry to read this. Will they give you guys another shot at it?

I don't know how everyone else feels about this but for me I have absolutely no interest in going out of my way again .......... EVER

This event was not put on for us, it was for potential/serious buyers. Considering this dealership has no ties to the SoCal group like South Coast Acura does we were lucky to be invited. Most that went did get a test drive but the dealership had to accommodate some potential buyers so there were times the car was not available.

I don't know how everyone else feels about this but for me I have absolutely no interest in going out of my way again .......... EVER

I won't go there again, either, Alan, although I totally understand Les's point. It is a dealership and their purpose is to sell cars and not give previous model NSX owners joy rides, but, I think we were used to give them PR. Yes, some people did get to drive it. I would like to see posts from those fortunate souls.

Last edited:
This event was not put on for us, it was for potential/serious buyers. Considering this dealership has no ties to the SoCal group like South Coast Acura does we were lucky to be invited. Most that went did get a test drive but the dealership had to accommodate some potential buyers so there were times the car was not available.

EXCEPT I specifically called BEFORE driving over there and was misled / misinformed / ?????? that the car was there and available and wasted time driving there when I could have left LA and gone straight home. EXCEPT that ACURA said the car would be available 9-5 and elected to pull the car at 2 or 3 instead of 5 as they "advertised". In 20 years of owning my own chain of retail electronic stores I learned to KEEP POSTED BUSINESS HOURS and keep an open mind on who was a serious customer and who was just a "knob twister" (tire kicker). You never know who is "just looking" and dreaming about that $50,000 car stereo system ( or $200,000 car) and who is actually ready to pull the trigger.

Super sorry for those that got booted on Wednesday. I arrived on Wednesday morning right at 9am along with @flexthatdx @c30vtec @AdvansCPAP and @ziggyh22. We all were able to test drive and very content with the opportunity. The car is a rocket, those electric motors and turbos are no joke. On our way out, ran into Graeme @CDX_NSX Mark @91 X and met Phil @funktastic. Unfortunately none of the afternooners were able to test drive.

98D51996-E819-49ED-BC97-F4727C41F607.jpg

451B9C5D-2910-413C-8724-B9C62BCB2339.jpg

E2506D29-D22A-4BFD-A8D2-4A8858193F62.jpg

I wouldn't consider wasting 2 hours of a day, $20 plus in gas and driving over 100 miles only to be told "sorry" being very "lucky to be invited"

none of us are mad at you for this, we are quite disappointed in Weir Canyon Acura and it's very understandable as to why we would be. Most of us were looking forward to this for over a week and were completely let down by what seemed to be a false premise.

"We will be offering test drives to any interested party between 9-5 with no obligation. We are hoping that it will help get the word out there and

Create some excitement about the vehicle. If you or any of your members are interested in a test drive please don’t miss the opportunity"

They couldn't have fumbled this any worse then they did as far as getting the word out there.... A simple consolation like a reschedule could have gone a long way or even a dang gas card or t-shirt would have been better if they wanted to get the good word out... This was supposed to be a demo day "no obligation test drive" from 9-5.... It wasn't.

I realize they have a business to run, but maybe a simple disclaimer saying they could pull the car for hours and that there was a risk that you could drive up there for nothing would have helped. I would have not wasted the time and energy if I knew there was a chance of them pulling the car for hours.

Like I said, no one is mad at you Les...no need to defend them on this one IMO.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider wasting 2 hours of a day, $20 plus in gas and driving over 100 miles only to be told "sorry" being very "lucky to be invited"

none of us are mad at you for this, we are quite disappointed in Weir Canyon Acura and it's very understandable as to why we would be. Most of us were looking forward to this for over a week and were completely let down by what seemed to be a false premise.

"We will be offering test drives to any interested party between 9-5 with no obligation. We are hoping that it will help get the word out there and

Create some excitement about the vehicle. If you or any of your members are interested in a test drive please don’t miss the opportunity"

They couldn't have fumbled this any worse then they did as far as getting the word out there.... A simple consolation like a reschedule could have gone a long way or even a dang gas card or t-shirt would have been better if they wanted to get the good word out... This was supposed to be a demo day "no obligation test drive" from 9-5.... It wasn't.

I realize they have a business to run, but maybe a simple disclaimer saying they could pull the car for hours and that there was a risk that you could drive up there for nothing would have helped. I would have not wasted the time and energy if I knew there was a chance of them pulling the car for hours.

Like I said, no one is mad at you Les...no need to defend them on this one IMO.

^Well said.

Did any of you guys or gals who got to drive the car jump back into your gen 1 with regret or thinking the new car is leagues better? I didn't.... It was fast as hell and had more creature comforts yes. But I still cannot put my finger on why I jumped back into my 26 year old car and just shrugged at the new one. Don't get me wrong though, I want to own both. I just do not think anyone in their right mind would trade up for the car unless it is just a matter of having something newer.
Any other thoughts on the matter? The new nsx has all the looks though... That's for sure...

Did any of you guys or gals who got to drive the car jump back into your gen 1 with regret or thinking the new car is leagues better? I didn't.... It was fast as hell and had more creature comforts yes. But I still cannot put my finger on why I jumped back into my 26 year old car and just shrugged at the new one. Don't get me wrong though, I want to own both. I just do not think anyone in their right mind would trade up for the car unless it is just a matter of having something newer.
Any other thoughts on the matter? The new nsx has all the looks though... That's for sure...

They DID open the car that was on display and allow us to sit in it. It felt claustrophobic to me with poor visibility issues......very different from the first generation cars.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 7.54.42 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 7.54.42 AM.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 25

I was skunked out of a ride after arriving before 2PM on Wednesday. I had even emailed the manager to tell him I was coming and got a nice reply from him. Anyway, I rode with Peter Cunningham at NSXPO in 2015 after winning a raffle there. I was really looking forward to being behind the wheel. If I was crazy enough about the car I could buy one although I'm more interested in buying a house in Fallbrook than a new car.

I was skunked out of a ride after arriving before 2PM on Wednesday. I had even emailed the manager to tell him I was coming and got a nice reply from him. Anyway, I rode with Peter Cunningham at NSXPO in 2015 after winning a raffle there. I was really looking forward to being behind the wheel. If I was crazy enough about the car I could buy one although I'm more interested in buying a house in Fallbrook than a new car.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I actually really liked the seats and drivers position. I especially loved the steering wheel with the flat top. I kind of did not care to see the hood scoops from the driving position, but then again I don't even like type r hoods... But I agree, I would rather buy a tiny condo in Fort Lauderdale for that price.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I actually really liked the seats and drivers position. I especially loved the steering wheel with the flat top. I kind of did not care to see the hood scoops from the driving position, but then again I don't even like type r hoods... But I agree, I would rather buy a tiny condo in Fort Lauderdale for that price.

I was looking at houses in Fallbrook today. The price of a new NSX could make a dent in a house there. Honestly, I'm pretty content with my LBBP. I don't drive it much as it is and think I'd be afraid to take a new one out on a group drive. So what would be the point of having it, I ask myself?

I was looking at houses in Fallbrook today. The price of a new NSX could make a dent in a house there. Honestly, I'm pretty content with my LBBP. I don't drive it much as it is and think I'd be afraid to take a new one out on a group drive. So what would be the point of having it, I ask myself?
I am not even buying gen 1 parts as of now. I am looking to move to Ft. Lauderdale and live by the beach happily by next year. But, I asked myself a somewhat similar question to your own. Mine was, " do you really need to lose your license again like you did when you were younger?" LOL!!! It's all about what makes ya happy. I would keep your LBBP, in 20 years it will be worth enough to make a huge dent in a new home....

I am not even buying gen 1 parts as of now. I am looking to move to Ft. Lauderdale and live by the beach happily by next year. But, I asked myself a somewhat similar question to your own. Mine was, " do you really need to lose your license again like you did when you were younger?" LOL!!! It's all about what makes ya happy. I would keep your LBBP, in 20 years it will be worth enough to make a huge dent in a new home....

I am 59 years old. In 20 years I'll be an old woman of 79! I think I'm happy enough with my hottie car. I'd just be happier with a quieter place to live. I like rural.

I am 59 years old. In 20 years I'll be an old woman of 79! I think I'm happy enough with my hottie car. I'd just be happier with a quieter place to live. I like rural.
Your just now in your prime.:smile:

Back