• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM 02+ parts for front-end conversions harder to come by these days?

Hi everyone,

I recently spoke with someone over at Science of Speed asking about ordering the OEM parts for the 02+ front-end conversion from Honda/Acura. They had mentioned more often than not issues with having parts delivered because of them being discontinued now?

I've had my eyes set on a 2002+ car but am willing to do the front-end conversion, though if OEM parts are hard to get now I may just go the extra mile and get an '02+ instead. Has anyone performed the front-end conversion recently? With the OEM parts, I'm specifically talking about the headlights and other bits and pieces besides the bumpers and hood, which I'd be fine using the Downforce replicas.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I recently spoke with someone over at Science of Speed asking about ordering the OEM parts for the 02+ front-end conversion from Honda/Acura. They had mentioned more often than not issues with having parts delivered because of them being discontinued now?

I've had my eyes set on a 2002+ car but am willing to do the front-end conversion, though if OEM parts are hard to get now I may just go the extra mile and get an '02+ instead. Has anyone performed the front-end conversion recently? With the OEM parts, I'm specifically talking about the headlights and other bits and pieces besides the bumpers and hood, which I'd be fine using the Downforce replicas.

Thanks!
I've got a 92 and am presently doing the conversion. It's all OEM except the hood which is the very nice DF "R" hood. Acura of Peaoria Phoenix(ask for Tim in internet sales) has great prices and availability. Tim even has a list of the parts you need. I just bought a six speed tranny from him the other day. He's cheaper than SOS as well.

I've got a 92 and am presently doing the conversion. It's all OEM except the hood which is the very nice DF "R" hood. Acura of Peaoria Phoenix(ask for Tim in internet sales) has great prices and availability. Tim even has a list of the parts you need. I just bought a six speed tranny from him the other day. He's cheaper than SOS as well.

That's *awesome* to hear! Can you tell me when you ordered and what expected lead times seem to be for your parts?

When ordered a year ago it wasn't bad. I got everything within about two weeks. I don't know what availability is like now though. I'm trying to get this done while new OEM parts are still available. That's also why I recently pulled the trigger on the six speed. There are only a few new OEMs left in the US, and hard to get at that. I hate trying to find this stuff on the secondary market after it's out of production.

Back