• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How is this guy doing

I like that he's tracking his NSX. What he could do better? I dunno. everything?!
:playful:
JK Robert, don't hurt me

Haha, yup, that's me, and yes, there's lots that could be done better. It's a new car to me and I'm very slowly getting to know it. This is my first time taking it out with stock wheels on it. The car got fairly warm after a few laps, 275F oil temps at 215F water, so I brought it in. It was also dumping fuel from the fuel tank somewhere; I don't mean a little bit of fuel, either, I mean a literal stream of it. I'll be dropping the tank soon...

Here's an earlier session that day:

robert

I should have never posted like I did - me watching videos instead of making them like you.
I was hoping that someone like Stuntman was going to chime in and say - try this or try that.

You're behind the the wheel and I'm still .....
Go for it - as much as you like - :smile:

No, no, it's good. I'd love someone to chime in. I take the videos for people to watch and enjoy, but also because I learn from them. Honestly, I love finding this video here randomly. Boostedtaco and I know each other, so we're just kidding around.

If I was to be critical of the video... a) I'm not really pushing it through a few of the corners, ie I'm sort of coasting. b) My hands are kind of shuffling around the steering wheel. It's not horrible, but it's there. I haven't yet found a perfect seating position in this thing. I think I really need a lower seat. c) I could probably brake harder in most places. Again, still learning the car and not exactly trying to get every second out of it.

It's worth noting that I either own or have owned the NASA TTE record at this track in both directions. One of them was just beat by .008 seconds a few weekends ago, doh. Not trying to brag, but I know my way around the track pretty well, just not in this car, particularly... :)

robert

Never tire of the engine sound, regardless of exhaust. Enjoyed that!

Great laps at TWS!

Remove the lower seat cushion and put a folded towel in its place. It will allow you to sit 2-4" lower and allow you to have the seat back more vertical. It also adds a large amount of bottom seat bolster as you will be sitting inside the lower seat frame and it will be as good as any race seat for holding your lower torso in place.

I miss running the NSX on track so keep the videos coming!

Dave

Great laps at TWS!
Remove the lower seat cushion and put a folded towel in its place. It will allow you to sit 2-4" lower and allow you to have the seat back more vertical. It also adds a large amount of bottom seat bolster as you will be sitting inside the lower seat frame and it will be as good as any race seat for holding your lower torso in place.

I did something similar, but more permanent (sort of): https://imgur.com/a/tTJ0H The new bottom actually velcros in and out, but is is comfortable enough I haven't bothered to fix up the original cushion to go back in.

I think this may be the same two laps as above, but it has a little it of data overlayed:

I'm back! I've had cooling system issues the last two times that I've gone to the track, so the big goal this weekend was to go home at the end of each day. I did that, the car ran quite well. Saturday I was fairly apprehensive and lacked confidence in the car. Sunday I felt like I was getting back into the swing of things:

On Friday, I drove about four hours up to MotorSport Ranch in Cresson, TX. This was my first time spending hours on the road in the NSX. Since I'm signed up for NSXPO, I figured I should load up the car exactly how I plan to drive to NSXPO and make a trial run. Everything went great. The car is a highway cruising machine, no doubt. Not the most comfortable car ever, but comfortable enough that I think I can handle two long days on the road to get to NSXPO.

MotorSport Ranch is one of my favorite tracks. There are three configurations: 1.7 CCW, 1.7 CW, and 3.1 CCW. The 3.1 is the best track in Texas, highly technical and fun. The 1.7 is also a huge amount of fun. We ran the 1.7 CCW this weekend. I am pretty happy with my result. There's definitely a second or two left on the table, probably more.

I'm on my Fat Fives with 205/50/15 and 225/50/16 tires, RE-71Rs that are getting towards the end of their life. New for this weekend is my Prospeed ECU tune.

Back