• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2017 HPDE at Road America is SOLD OUT for Novices and Intermediates

Don't wait to sign up for the track event at Road America at NSXPO 2017. We already have 47 drivers registered and we have a cap of 30 NOVICES. Other run groups will be adjusted as we take in applications.

Hey RSO, what's up with the Insurance Carrier / Policy information on the HPDE registration. A) I'm significantly hesitant to provide my on-road insurance provider / policy number for any number of should-be-obvious reasons, and B) I was waiting to register to purchase a track-day policy.

Can you provide some context?

[Edit: Worked-around it for now to get registration through, but still curious]

Last edited:
Hey RSO, what's up with the Insurance Carrier / Policy information on the HPDE registration. A) I'm significantly hesitant to provide my on-road insurance provider / policy number for any number of should-be-obvious reasons, and B) I was waiting to register to purchase a track-day policy.

Can you provide some context?

It is a requirement of our insurance company and they won't issue the policy rider we need for the track without it. Unless you are USAA or one of two or three other smaller carriers your on-road policy won't cover you anyway.

Track day policies may be purchased through Lockton

Ok, thanks. Main concern was that getting back around to my "normal" carrier for some reason and have a policy cancelled just for taking it on a track even if I wouldn't attempt the claim on account of having a Lockton policy or similar.

Current count for Road America HPDE at NSXPO 2017:

NSXs - 74
ITRs - 63

Total - 137 cars (and that was done in 27 hours!!!!!!!!!!!)

Both the Novice and Intermediate Run Groups at Road America are now sold out. Shortly all registrants will receive an email questionnaire asking for track experience. We have noticed in more than one instance that a member may have registered for a group for which that member is not qualified to run.

For example, you may deem yourself to be "experienced" enough to sign up for Intermediate but being brutally honest here, if you did that based upon what you think you know driving on the road and you have zero track days, you are textbook Novice and would be a danger to yourself and others in the Intermediate group.

After we receive the questionnaires with detailed responses we will reassess driver classification. If you signed up for a run group for which you are obviously not qualified you will be refunded your registration fees and will be put on a wait list for the appropriate run group.

well that escalated quickly. I was going to register upon returning from my deployment. Maybe next year's NSXPO

It is a requirement of our insurance company and they won't issue the policy rider we need for the track without it. Unless you are USAA or one of two or three other smaller carriers your on-road policy won't cover you anyway.

FWIW $358 for 52K agreed value. Seems reasonable given the huge downside. Bob has already had the event listed on Lockton's site.

Hi!

The HPDE form is missing Berlina Black on the color drop down, or is it a "other" color. And if you registered a co-driver, do i fill out two background forms?

Hi!

The HPDE form is missing Berlina Black on the color drop down, or is it a "other" color. And if you registered a co-driver, do i fill out two background forms?

I let them know BB was missing - I filled out "other" for now for mine.

Each driver needs a separate form

Can we have an update on this? All I'm hearing from USAA is that they DON'T cover any sort of track activity anymore. Maybe I'm just asking the wrong questions?

What update are you looking for?
All I've heard from USAA now is that they don't cover any on track activities whatsoever. From what they've told me and I've read they won't cover any vehicle "Any vehicle while it's operated in, or in practice for, any driving contest or challenge", and they'll use the challenge part to exclude HPDE events.

so your choice for driver education track events is based on your personal risk level.....you can pay for a one time track specific policy as was stated previously or you go commando.

All I've heard from USAA now is that they don't cover any on track activities whatsoever. From what they've told me and I've read they won't cover any vehicle "Any vehicle while it's operated in, or in practice for, any driving contest or challenge", and they'll use the challenge part to exclude HPDE events.

It took them long enough to catch up with the other carriers.

Each student is responsible for evaluating his own risk and reviewing his own personal insurance coverage to determine if there is any for an HPDE event. If it is excluded as the overwhelming majority of carriers do, then it is up to the student to decide if he wishes to purchase stated value coverage through a track day insurer like Lockton.

It took them long enough to catch up with the other carriers.

Each student is responsible for evaluating his own risk and reviewing his own personal insurance coverage to determine if there is any for an HPDE event. If it is excluded as the overwhelming majority of carriers do, then it is up to the student to decide if he wishes to purchase stated value coverage through a track day insurer like Lockton.

Looking forward to the track , but I'm a little concerned about enforcing the decibel limit on the exhaust.

I have a NA car , with Comptech headers, Pride resonance cats, and a Pride V2 Exhaust. I have been told my car is "loud" . I've read the noise limit at Road America is 103 decibels from 50 feet and that it is enforced.

Does anyone have experience running aftermarket full exhaust? I do have the stock catalysts that I'm considering swapping back to if necessary.

Thanks

I ran RA in 01 with test pipes and gtlw exhaust and was not flagged.

Back