• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

991 Turbo, Nissan GTR and NSX

The Original first year (2009) DID NOT have a Factory provided and approved LC. Mine is an '09 preordered well in advance like my NSX. LC on an '09 was a Hack which was leaked on the web. In fact, part of the buying process paperwork required signing that if you enabled the unauthorized hack you held Nissan Harmless from results (immediate such as damage,failure, bodily harm or worse i.e. accident) or over time damage/failures. Of course there were still those who neglected what they signed, did it anyway and pursued seeking what they signed they would not do with Nissan. The result was a factory authorized and warrantied LC on 2010's. That was made available to 2009 owners with reprogramming. It reduced the launch from about 4500 to 3000 RPM and provided a controlled (softened) clutch engagement from the hacks full and instant dump shocking the tranny and all 4 drive shafts and 6 universals. Plus it monitored the results and attempts over a short time and if needed engaged a forced cool down before LC could be used again. Since then the GT-R LC has been modified and tweaked many times to where it is today.
My point is this 1'st yr NSX HAS an authorized (no hack required) LC which won't void your warranty. As such, I'm glad for what it offers out of the gate against cars with years of learning curve tweaks. Could it be better. I'm sure. We're all sure it could probably be more aggressive and be more impressive. But they wanted a reliable car vs suites for failures so dialed it back. With time and experiences and feedback (w/o failures), I suspect and hope there will be software upgrades which improve the overall performance on the road as well as track. As many have said, you need to drive one and for awhile to get what it offers v.s. what it doesn't. Starting more reserved will better enable upgrades and improvements w/o fixing scars from bad press on failures. But that is just IMHO.

Keep in mind the IMA, the amount of actual torque that the IMA might be able to provide at 4000RPM might be less than the amount of torque that the same IMA can provide at 2000RPM.

It could always be that the amount of actual torque increase of the ICE at 4000RPM also results in a loss of torque from the IMA. That is the entire concept of torque fill.

You also need to take into account the rotational mass of the IMA as it pertains to the transmissionse or over time/clutch packs, etc. this goes back to the reliability factor that many have referred to.

You don't want the NSX to start granading transmissions like the original version of LC on the R35 GT-R.

^ Not msrp yet, i put out feelers to a friend in the industry to see if he can get a deal done.

im planning on test driving a used nsx and weigh my options

Straight sticker is possible on those. Might have to search around the country a bit.

The Grand Sport is a ridiculous track car for the money.

Grand Sports are going for under sticker already, just gotta find one with the Z07 package. GT350R on the other hand, is a rare bird that is still gonna be very difficult to get at MSRP. Could always go with the ZL1 1LE though.

Grand Sports are going for under sticker already, just gotta find one with the Z07 package. GT350R on the other hand, is a rare bird that is still gonna be very difficult to get at MSRP. Could always go with the ZL1 1LE though.

Oh he was talking about the R. Yeah a sticker deal won't happen on that but the regular GT350, you can get for sticker.

That new ZL1/1LE should properly destroy the GT350R. I imagine those will go for $20k+ over.

I like you lift control

i am hoping Turd retires and they give him a big pile of Conti's when they move to Michelin rubber

A lil video for folks who swear the gtr is as fast as most claim.... At the very least, the nsx's numbers are always consistent. The Porsche numbers, a bit underrated as seen.
https://youtu.be/IkGhiTSS8M8

Last edited:
that is one lame GTR. while i absolutely despise the things, that one is way off the pace.

Porsche, well, they are Porsche. they always underrate themselves, because everyone knows they're gonna over perform...

A lil video for folks who swear the gtr is as fast as most claim.... At the very least, the nsx's numbers are always consistent. The Porsche numbers, a bit underrated as seen.
https://youtu.be/IkGhiTSS8M8

i hope you know after the 2012 (DBA model) release of the GT-R.. it has gotten slower because they add more luxury/softer suspension to this vehicle also sadly most cars are tuned for 91 octane from factory but GTR specifically comes out of the box needing 93 for its claims. Also looking at the headlights, looks like its a 2015/16 model which was recorded one of the slowest in the GTR years

Last edited:
Back