• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Maintenance/updates,...Log

Have posted this thread to collect information on official maintenance action for example software upgrades,...
As the car is now nearly 10 months on the market it would be interesting to log all calls for maintenance.
So far I have not seen any posts regarding this type of action.

An intersting topic. AFAIK, there have been no recalls, software updates, known issues, etc. This is remarkable for any once-every-6-years "all new" variant, let alone a brand new "clean sheet" design/platform/factory. The only thing that I am aware of that has been a consistent complaint is the vibration rattle near the A-pillar, which apparently has a known fix (and that I plan on addressing at the first oil change).

Far too soon to make any pronouncements on long term reliability, but all the initial data seems to be positive.

Honestly, my view is that "zero defects" is a dumb goal because it leads to delays and excessive conservatism. I would MUCH rather have the policy of "ship it sooner, but REALLY take care of early adopters who experience hassles."

I think this is another manifestation of Honda philosophy somewhat shooting themselves in the foot.

Prime would benefit from bringing back the editable wiki for this kind of information.
If any mods are reading this: I am available to help if labor shortage is the reason the site doesn't have a living wiki anymore.

Just go to Acurazine.com and vist the Gen 2 area

there is a gentleman called EEforLife who posts all the technical updates

for example he recently poted one about bubbling of the plastic sheet protectant placed on a few areas (like in front on the rear wheels) of the car

Yes, we can find some info on technical updates by visiting Acurazine. But hard to believe that there have been no software updates so far. Due to the complexity and interaction of applications (steering, braking , torque distribution,..) I convinced that there is more coding than on the space shuttle (1st one).

Based on customer/test driver feedbacks no alignments! Hard to believe.

Is there any activation code on the board computer that allows to check releases.

this car came to being during the new era of hacking threats to life threatening computers, such as in cars and medical implanted devices...I'm sure the folks at Acura have gone to great lengths to protect the cars programming...

But hard to believe that there have been no software updates so far.

This isn't Tesla where they are pushing out updates constantly. Some of our more glitch riddled vehicles have had a software update or two. But those rarely come almost immediately after the car was released.

Back