• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake light help

Hello all,

Rear brake lights will not turn on (2000). State safety inspection due at the end of the month. No dashboard warning lights are on, and turn signal lights work. I tried the search but only

come across rear brake lights turning on issue.

I checked earlier for loose pin connectors, but all seem to be on tight. Had tail light moisture many years ago when I had the car go through a touch free carwash but moisture long gone

and did not come back. I am in Houston, so if I cannot fix myself where can I take to for reliable help?

Wil

Could be the brake light switch. I would take the car out, set your cruise control. Hit the brake and see if the cruise control disables. If not , look at that switch;).

HTH,
LarryB

Thanks for the input gentlemen, I will look at these items this weekend and hopefully come back with a good report. Thanks Larry B!!!

Could be the brake light switch. I would take the car out, set your cruise control. Hit the brake and see if the cruise control disables. If not , look at that switch;).

HTH,
LarryB

Larry,

Just got back from the drive. Turned on cruise control main switch and when I tried to set cruise control button on steering wheel, dashboard set control green light indicator turned on but immediately turned off, not enough time for cruise control to engage. Tried second time but dashboard cruise control light did not even turn on, so cruise control does not work for sure. Checked fuse No.45 (20A) continuity with tester and it is good. Horn is still working.

So does it look like Brake light switch problem at this point? What is part number so I can order and is it an easy DIY?

Thank you so much in advance for all your help.

Wil

36750-SE0-013 Switch Assembly, Stop & Cruise (Tec)

It is kind of tight under there to asccess the switch, put the seat all the way back;)...

HTH,
LarryB

Thank you so much for your help Larry B! Thanks Prime!

Sorry to resurrect this post. Just recently experienced "rear brake light on" problem. I had to pull 20 amp fuse out to keep battery from draining. After Replacing worn plastic knob and fuse, the break lights are not working!! Worse, cruise control is not working either. Switch turns on but no "cruise control" light on dashboard.

I checked 20 amp fuse for connectivity and it is good. My question is, how fragile is this 36750-SE0-013 Switch Assembly, Stop & Cruise (Tec)??? Needs to be replaced after 9 months?:mad:

I have these problems now: CD player not playing, windshield washer tubing leading to driver's side nozzle loose, stripped (rear passenger side) tire lug nut and this. How I wish my NSX
is just as bulletproof as my 18 y/o Lexus RX 300. 247,xxx miles and not any of these problems.

Back