• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Glowing review in this months evo magazine

Despite having withdrawn my deposit following general disappointment with the car, I just wanted to let you know that this months UK EVO magazine has a long feature on the new NSX, another individual review which champions the benefits of a multiple day test to really get to know the car, rather than the brief tests from multiple drivers for the purposes of ECOTY.

The review was incredibly positive.

There was then a follow up test where they did a back to back with a 918 to test the "baby 918" moniker.

Interesting article although the conclusions seemed to lack any determination.

As others have noted, the best summary of the reaction to the new NSX is "polarizing." Not accurate to say that it is either generally hated or generally loved. I'm cool with that.

I enjoy learning about the new car. Does anyone have a link to this press review?

Just read both the EVO reviews. They present a true and better understanding of the NSX. In general EVO reviews are much more in depth and introspective than the big three rags which seem to dictate a non-descript three paragraph cursory review. As always, a review is only the opinion of the person doing the review. Until you actually drive the car and come to your own personal decision, the perpectives of others are essentially worthless and can only be used as a possible guide to help narrow down the various choices of cars at or around the specific price point. For those who have not driven the NSX themselves it would be best to limit your opinions to the interior and exterior aesthetic based on pictures and preferably to, in the flesh, observations.

I saw my first 2017 NSX the other day. The major gripe I have is the front nose; it doesn't seem sleek enough to me. From what I read .... I am not alone.

Just bought the EVO magazine and of course read the NSX articles. Twice. :smile:

These articles have a lot more depth that just about any other article I have read so far on the NSX.
Obviously, the writers spent a lot more time in the NSX than a lot of the other journalist.

One thing they noticed for example is the fact that the NSX can do 0-60 mph FASTER when you do it yourself than by using the launch-control option. Probably, 99.9% of modern journalist just select launch-control and expect that is the fastest way to get to 60 mph without confirming or even trying it themselves.

And since most drivers will drive the NSX way more on public roads than on the track, there is a particular piece of proza that might explain a bit more of the NSX in real life than anything else:

Quote: (page 064, left lower column)
"Over the ensuing days, some notably rapid car son eCoty (Evo Car Of The Year-tests) didn't seem which way the NSX went.
Returing to eCoty HQ one evening on fast and flowing but slightly damp back roads, the NSX simply walked away from the Porsche 911 R. The big difference was that Henry Catchpole in the 911 was nibbling the limit and Dan Prosser in the NSX was wondering where on Earth it might be."

THis is quite a nice statement about the capabilities of the NSX in real world driving that problably says a lot more about the car than whether it might be 1-2 seconds slower around a track than another car with a professional driver behind the wheel.

Which reflects my memories of owning the '06 Legand SH-AWD. It was a bit of a slug off the mark but in give and take, smooth back roads it was not only a blast, but also blindingly quick on its OEM Advan Sport tyres. And if it was damp let alone wet, I'd take on and trounce just about anything!

Back