• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Center console restoration

Finished restoring my center console back to (close enough) OEM specs. Special shout out to Michael (NewEra) for the lighter assembly, Dave (NSX'er) for the console and Chris (CMC140) for the paint help. Really like the improved looks over the manky console that was in there.

I used Dupli-Color Graphite Grey Metallic along with a shift boot and radio delete plate from the '02 NSX-R parts bin, a Zanardi shift knob and '04 coin tray.

BEFORE:

attachment.php

AFTER:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
looks much better.
You've installed the shift boot wrong (unless you like it that way). The shift boot should tuck over the bottom lip of the knob.

looks much better.
You've installed the shift boot wrong (unless you like it that way). The shift boot should tuck over the bottom lip of the knob.

Couldn't get the boot to tuck over the bottom lip of the knob. After some research the NSX-R shift lever is shorter than the regular production levers. I didn't love the Zanardi knob / NSX-R mesh boot enough to go to the trouble of installing a shorter shift lever to make the boot work so I went back to 1994 OEM.

Not sure why the picture is so small . . .

View attachment 142308

Last edited:
Back