• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buyer Beware of seller charlee - Do not send payment as a gift.

I was contacted by charlee about a WTB post for a subwoofer bracket.

He sent the following to me regarding payment:
"yes, please send payment to [email protected] for "friends and family"

thank you"

It was $75 so I figured no big deal. Well that bracket never arrived.
I was never sent a tracking number. So, I requested one a week ago and ................crickets.
It may have been lost in the mail, but it's kind of hard to tell with no tracking number.

I'd recommend not sending payment to charlee as a gift to avoid paypal fees.

A bracket has been located and will be shipped out to buyer immediately once it gets here. Or I can issue you a full refund. My last correspondence with the buyer was that I was sourcing one.

Do you still need the bracket or prefer a full refund. Either way, is fine by me. Wish you had responded to let me know your next steps.

A bracket has been located and will be shipped out to buyer immediately once it gets here. Or I can issue you a full refund. My last correspondence with the buyer was that I was sourcing one.

Do you still need the bracket or prefer a full refund. Either way, is fine by me. Wish you had responded to let me know your next steps.

Thanks for responding charlee I prefer a full refund.

My apologies if I misinterpreted the PMs that I have received. Perhaps, we just have a communication issue or I didn't receive your last correspondence.

“Have one” implied to me that you had one in your possession that you were selling.
A week after payment you told me it was shipped.
A few days later, which was almost 2 weeks after payment I asked for a tracking number.
Yesterday, was 9 days with no reply about a tracking number so I created this post.

These are the PMs with dates regarding the subwoofer bracket WTB thread that I created.

1/27/2017
Originally Posted by charlee
Have one $75 shipped to your door.

1/30/2017
Originally Posted by cmc140
Ok that sounds great. What is your paypal address?
Thanks,
Chris

1/30/2017
Originally Posted by Charlee
yes, please send payment to [email protected] for "friends and family"
thank you

1/30/2017
Paypal payment sent

2/7/2017
I sent you the paypal last week sometime. Did you receive it and ship this out?
Thanks,
Chris

2/8/2017
Originally Posted by Charlee
It was sent via usps priority two days after receipt of payment.

2/12/2017
Well this never made it. I figured I'd give it the week.
Do you happen to have a tracking number?
Thanks,
Chris

Full refund issued as you requested. I still have it if you need it. I just received it as I sourced it from another nsx owner.

Either way, good luck and happy motoring.

Let me get this straight, the seller here posted an item for sale saying he has it only to start sourcing it after it sells?

I have a part out nsx, I responded to a wanted post, received payment, shipped it out, it went MIA, sourced another, sitting in my garage now, buyer wanted refund, so now I have an extra.

I should just have issued the refund when I first learned it went MIA rather than sourcing it trying to make sure the buyer gets his bracket.

The tracking number from the lost item would help figure out the mia status..:confused:

Back