• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BAT Auction: 1992 NSX 15K miles JH4NA1157NT001279

Looks like an investor grade '91. I wonder why the bumpers were painted. That will almost certainly have an effect on the value.

Primer BLODI has pics of this berlina in 2010 here in Michigan. :smile: Maybe he will post them in here.

Anyway, we SE Michigan owners have seen this one, owned by a nice gentleman who had many more valuable/collectibles. It was
no where near this "detailed" but seemed a low-mileage factory correct car.

I am the buyer, NSXs are pretty new to me-trying to learn everything I can. The car is in really great shape, just working out a couple of minor faults with the sound system.
I'm located in the Philly area, so I'm planning to do a good bit of summer driving and maybe showing it off at some C & Cs.

congratulation.....make sure to keep tuned to our NE regional forum and join our national club nsxca.....

Thanks, I am definitely happy with the purchase.
Finding a few other things that need fixin'...weather has not been real cooperative in the Northeast, so have not gotten more than a few miles on it.

who are you going to have do the work on the car?

I thought that I answered this, but maybe I didn't...I will be doing most everything, been doing that my whole life, only thing that holds me back is the time element-I don't like taking anything out of service for too long.
Do you have any recommendations for good service people or shops?

I'd recommend Ben over at Daisy Auto in MD. His quality and care is unparalleled. I'm located in central NJ we should meet up when weather gets better, been itching for a long cruise.

I thought that I answered this, but maybe I didn't...I will be doing most everything, been doing that my whole life, only thing that holds me back is the time element-I don't like taking anything out of service for too long.
Do you have any recommendations for good service people or shops?

I hope so, my cars currently getting painted. If I have it back by then I'll be there.

Last edited:
I bought my 95 NSX in December and, long story short, I took it to Ben Schaffer, the "NSX Whisperer" here in MD, and luckily for me his shop is only about half an hour from my house. He has no less that 4 or 5 NSXs in his shop at any one time. On my first visit he had one that had been shipped from the Phillipines so it could be rebuilt by Ben and his crew. I have been meaning to sit down and write a description of everything that he did, but until I do, let's just say he went over every inch of the car for 2 hours, top to bottom and front to back, showed me everything, (it was more like he was talking to the car and I was just a witness) fixed a couple things on the spot (the clutch feel was not to his liking), and made his recommendations. There is absolutely no question in my mind that he is the Whisperer. Many of the issues he discovered were maintenance that had not been done properly or not done at all. I was extremely fortunate that Ben got to inspect and work on the car before I had driven it anywhere. I will go into more detail sometime soon, but the car runs like new! Even if Ben's shop was 500 miles away, I would not take it to anyone else.

http://www.daisyimportauto.com/

Attachments

• Ben NSX.jpg
    Ben NSX.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
CONGRATS on your buy and welcome to PRIME. I drove that car on a hop of about 3 miles when it was in St. Louis. A buddy of mine is a salesman at Mungenast Acura and he called me up and said I have to get over and look at a 15k '92 NSX. So I did and he told me the story of how it was in a N.Y. garage forever. He wasn't trying to sell it to me, he just wanted me to see it. It appeared to be in tip-top shape. I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Hey 96, that is really cool that you know the car.... Yes, it is in really great shape, I would go as far as to say 'like new', but there are a couple of small things that I need to fix, then it'll be perfect. Simply age related...
I just took it for a 200 mile round trip to Avalon, NJ, and it didn't miss a beat. I do want to get a different wheel/tire setup though. Anyway, thanks for the heads-up.

Back