• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wind noise

HTN

Experienced Member
I can hear it coming from passenger window going above 60. Anyone else?

Have the same issue - window does not close correctly meaning has to be adjusted (also listed in the manual)
Will ask dealer to do it properly

My driver's side window has an air leak, but only at 100mph plus. Not a huge issue for me. Roof is usually off, so not exactly whisper quiet anyhow. I plan on getting it adjusted when I get around to installing Hugo's window kit or when the speaker amp goes for a dump.

Forum: Maintenance, Repair, and DIY (Gen 2)
Discuss maintaining, fixing, and working on your second generation NSX.

I'm not trying to be a thread cop but this is a Gen 2 area. ^^^^^^^
Wind noise in the new Gen 2 ???

Forum: Maintenance, Repair, and DIY (Gen 2)
Discuss maintaining, fixing, and working on your second generation NSX.

I'm not trying to be a thread cop but this is a Gen 2 area. ^^^^^^^
Wind noise in the new Gen 2 ???

Yes Gen 2 here. Hate to bring it in for small adjustment and come back with collateral damage.

psych....I did not read the topic forum.....never mind.....:redface:

Yes Gen 2 here. Hate to bring it in for small adjustment and come back with collateral damage.

You might try some dressing made for weatherstripping in case it just needs a wee touch-up

Other than the driver side rattle quirk noticed shortly after delivery, my Gen 2 was extremely quiet. Even at pretty high speeds as well. Lately I've been noticing wind noise more and more at speeds which are getting lower in say starting at 55-60 range and of course more at higher speeds. And on last two rides I started to also notice wind noise from driver side. Not much there but noticeable, though somewhat masked by passenger side noise. If audio is on then it all pretty much gets masked. I find this disturbing that such things are showing on such a pricey car after not many miles... only about 3600 + now. Once dealers new digs open I'll be leaving it with them to chase down and hopefully kill some gremlins.

Last edited:
My drivers window in upper center is letting in a lot of air noise. I've also had test drove two other brand new ones and noticed the same noise. I have contracted Acura Headquarters at 1-800-382-2238 and have been speaking with one of their product support members, they just got back to me today and stated they are aware of this issue and are in the process of coming out with a service bulletin to their dealers for a fix. Next week they will know when this will be released.

My drivers window in upper center is letting in a lot of air noise. I've also had test drove two other brand new ones and noticed the same noise. I have contracted Acura Headquarters at 1-800-382-2238 and have been speaking with one of their product support members, they just got back to me today and stated they are aware of this issue and are in the process of coming out with a service bulletin to their dealers for a fix. Next week they will know when this will be released.

Good info. I talked to the local service and they were clueless as to any noise reports, but it doesn't surprise me as there aren't that many around.

I will defintly plan on taking the car in for "wind noise", in my case at 12o'clock drivers side at over 35 mph.

Not a leak though.

I also have a rattle and it isn't being fixed by lube in the window slide.

yeah same with all the dealers I spoke to even though their test cars all had the same air noise. It's just getting to annoying for me to live with it.. tried silicon lube on upper seal but made zero difference for me. I will be storing my car with the windows slightly down and doors ajar to keep pressure off the seals. As soon as I get the service bulletin number I will post.

I own a 2018 and have about 3000 miles on it..I took it to the dealership and they had to take photos of the rubber alongside both doors... Service manager called me yesterday and said an engineer is flying in from Ohio to look at the car. Interesting.

I own a 2018 and have about 3000 miles on it..I took it to the dealership and they had to take photos of the rubber alongside both doors... Service manager called me yesterday and said an engineer is flying in from Ohio to look at the car. Interesting.

Welcome to the site.

I have some wind noise but I am not bothered by it.

I had the lube applied near the exterior mirrors and that addressed the vibration element.

Nice to see the level of effort being made for you.

Back