• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any owners care to give impressions of quiet mode?

I'm very curious about quiet mode. I see a lot of talk/video's of track mode and sport/sport+ but not much is shown or talked about with regards to quiet mode. Can you drive 5 miles on electric alone? Does gas kick in with out your control.. ect. Any owners care to comment?

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:
Don't think you can drive 5 miles in electric only mode and not sure why it would matter.
The engine kicks in as needed in quiet mode so the car goes in and out of total electric drive.
It's seamless and works very well.
Excellent mode for looking for a parking spot etc.

It should be viewed as "Eco/Comfort" mode and not "All Electric" mode. Great mode for driving in traffic. Fun to pull in and out of places silently--- like most Hybrid cars, but often catches people by surprise to see a silent sports car.

Although I am glad to have Quiet mode available, I'd never choose to drive the NSX if I expected to stay in Quiet mode the whole time--- I would pick another car to drive on that trip.

I use quiet mode for taking my wife to do deliveries for her soup club

the car is really quiet thi this mode but not really peppy

i also use it for pulling into my garage (pull up to garage, get out of car, fold mirrors, get back in car, pull into garage, extricate myself from car)

today my customers were impressed with the NSXs ability to run in EV mode. around a parking lot, its easy to keep in EV. once you get on to the street its back to gas unless you're the only one there.

when we're moving one in EV mode around the showroom, people are super confused why its not making any noise.

No power mirrors was one of the dumbest moves made on this car, no nose lift was dumber

the car is very wide and many folks live in homes with garages built in days gone by

come on out to Chicago and see the truth

I am not an owner but from driving one in quiet mode I heard a lot of chassis noises and the gas pedal lagged worse than a giant turbo. I am not really sure why this mode even exists, but I assume owners of the car car find a liking or a use for it. I guess why not? If your already on hybrid power? I personally just would never use it if I had the car. I would almost always turn it to track mode.02 cents.

power mirrors are a great thing to have on a car. It keeps the mirrors safer when parking either in public or private areas. There is a reason why Japanese/euro cars come with them standard. And it started happening little by little in the states but still not catching on.

Back