• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

eng. mount: Failure to follow these procedure may cause excessive noise and vibration

If you loose all four engine mounting screws and try to 'balance' the engine too minimize any vibration from the engine to the chassis IS there a special procedure or order involved? The SM only says 'Reinstal the mount bolts/nuts in the following sequence. Failure to follow these procedure may cause excessive noise and vibration, and reduce bushing life.' but it doesn't show the sequence in the SM I have.

Thanks in advance.

I got this from my later (98+) manual. The sequence is based upon complete removal of the engine

Install rear mount
Front mount bolts (there is a sequence for the individual bolts)
Install subframe
Transmission mount
Side engine mount (there is a sequence for individual bolts)

The whole process is rather involved. Probably best if you down load the 1997 - 2005 .pdf version of the service manual that is linked in the PRIME wiki. The relevant pages are 5-12 to 5-14 under the Engine Section. It also list all the individual torque values. It almost looks like every bolt has a different torque value so you really need to get those 3 pages off of the wiki to do it right.

Thanks for your info. The 97 SM is more specific about the procedure than SM 91.

Back