• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Updated gauge cluster

I got a chance to do a quick mock up on the NSX gauge cluster today. Gave it a few special touches including a 200 mph speedometer, 10,000 rpm tachometer with the red line set at the OEM 8300 fuel cut off instead of the factory 8000 rpm. Cleaned up the original fonts and dials to make things more crisp and uncluttered. All fonts used are the original OEM Honda fonts and all OEM cut out remain the same. TCS and Cruise control light is retained unlike some gauge faces.

The intent was to keep the original Honda classic style while adding a bit of modern precision without being too "trendy" or overly modern like modern Honda clusters. I like how Porsche keeps updating their clusters while staying simple and true to function over form. This was conceived from the same vein.

View attachment 142110

I got a chance to do a quick mock up on the NSX gauge cluster today. Gave it a few special touches including a 200 mph speedometer, 10,000 rpm tachometer with the red line set at the OEM 8300 fuel cut off instead of the factory 8000 rpm. Cleaned up the original fonts and dials to make things more crisp and uncluttered. All fonts used are the original OEM Honda fonts and all OEM cut out remain the same. TCS and Cruise control light is retained unlike some gauge faces.

The intent was to keep the original Honda classic style while adding a bit of modern precision without being too "trendy" or overly modern like modern Honda clusters. I like how Porsche keeps updating their clusters while staying simple and true to function over form. This was conceived from the same vein.

looks awesome bud, really nice details. Is it an overlay or a replacement face?

Do you really only have 380mi on the car, or did you roll over 1mil miles?

Very nice! Now we really need a way to change out that old orange lighting ;x

Looks cool. But the speedo and the tach are not at zero.

Nice work! Do you have the ability to make other overlays? I wanted a simple decal to "correct" the redline on my AP1 S2000 gauge conversion.

this looks awesome! but how come the first photo, the tach/speedo weren't at zero? i can see it looks correct in the 2nd photo, but just wondering what was the deal with the first pic. do you plan on making more to sell?

Back