• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So, this just happened.....

Oh NO!! This has bummed me out all day. :( I'm just glad to hear the positive vibes coming from your posts. Up & onward to something BETTER. Having that type of attitude & outlook throughout life is more valuable than a cherry Type-R.

I can't even imagine. Hope as you learn more the news gets better. We are holding our breath that you can bring her back even better than before. How many miles does she have?

Good luck man. Hope you stick with it.

If you ever decide that it is too much to handle, send me a PM. Maybe I can find space for it and slowly build it back up to be a track car :)

Jinks, I'm so sorry, we all are hurting with you, had a rough night too with a shoulder issue, hang in there. We all know this car is a lot more than a thing when you've put so much into it.

Jinks, Sorry to hear that your engine quit. That is a nightmare for all of us, but you gone build something better. How many miles is on your car? and how many miles with ctsc? What kind of spark plugs you were running? I just bought 91 with ctsc with similar tune as yours and now I gone see a picture of your engine every time I hit WOT.
Good luck with the rebuild. Don't sell it.

So sorry to see/hear of this. I have gone through blown head gaskets too but on the 3.2. the 3.0 is built a bit stronger and the gaskets seem to hold up better under boost. I have the same questions as everyone else;
* What was your ECU, stock or stand alone?
* How much boost?

Must say impressive explosion. And you do have many options. I applaud the returning back to C30, but the new builds with J and K motors would have me thinking twice, especially if I was planning on keeping the car long enough to be buried in (and I am). You can also have Shad rebuild it or buy the race motor he is sitting on. Or have SOS build you a twin turbo, or....

You get the picture. Best of luck and let us know how we can help you out. Good luck and don't forget the pictures or it didn't happen.

Thanks everyone. Support from forum members makes it easier to deal with.

The car is the standard off the shelf ctsc kit installed new and tuned by Shad. It was installed exactly 2 years ago. It has the original 6.3 psi pulley on it with the Lysholm 1.6L blower. Motor is well cared for and kept in great shape. The car was running for about 2.5 hours prior to exploding. I am not sure yet if it overheated or the fuel pump went or what.
It was dark outside so it was difficult to know what exactly happened. But I did not get any warning signs. I monitor boost and fuel pressure only currently. As for milage, I need to pull history before I can correctly answer.

Thanks Kenny. I blame my newly acquired vanity plates. Never had custom plates before and first ride with them, KABOOM!!! It needs to read BLWNC30 now.....:mad:

OMG! Nooooooooooooo! Man sorry to see this.

I hope you can sort everything out and get it running again.

BTW - For the plate just change the B to an S and problem solved. (1SADNSX) :frown:

I'm very sorry for your situation, Jinks. I really admired your car when we were parked next to each other at the Car Museum event, and it's painful to imagine it in its current state.
I'm sure you will make some significant improvements/gains with all the choices you now have.
Looking forward to seeing it on the road again.

OMG! Nooooooooooooo! Man sorry to see this.

I hope you can sort everything out and get it running again.

BTW - For the plate just change the B to an S and problem solved. (1SADNSX) :frown:
Yes, motor went Kung POW.
Either I will be a non nsx owner soon or I will remain one with a beast of a motor. Which would you choose?:biggrin:

I'm very sorry for your situation, Jinks. I really admired your car when we were parked next to each other at the Car Museum event, and it's painful to imagine it in its current state.
I'm sure you will make some significant improvements/gains with all the choices you now have.
Looking forward to seeing it on the road again.
Thanks! I am already shopping around for internals and researching even though I haven't dropped the car off to the guru yet. If I do this, I will probably drop 20K into the motor. I will not mess around. Aftercooler, all new fueling, forged low comp pistons, you name it....

If I were you with that budget the sos twins are in the mix

If I were you with that budget the sos twins are in the mix
I do wish for that. But reality sinks in and when given how much parts cost for this car, an engine in/out rebuild, new fueling system, and a new clutch to handle the new power will probably come close to 20k. Then add 12k plus installation for the TT set up. But still, I understand why guys engine swap these cars for costs. But to me, that is taking a legend of a car and turning into a kit car. Even if all the parts still say Honda. Sorry to say, but that is just how I feel about engine swaps in an nsx. A civic, J motor all the way.....

How about when people put newer engines in older Corvettes? Those conversions don't lessen the value.

Neither. Just the RRFMU
There's the problem. There was a guy that blew his motor, almost exactly just like yours. He was running his CTSC on Highway boosting, and it died in an instant. It's worth noting that it was a cold night meaning that the air was more denser that hot days when it was "tuned". I do believe that at a minimum, boosted NSX should have stand alone or at least FIC.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yup, when mine lifted the head, I went to an FIC. Seems crazy to rely on fuel pressure to manage fuel (and IAT to manage timing retard). Like Jinks says though, there are many things that could have gone wrong.

Last edited:
Back