• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To perforate or not to perforate?

Hi NSX Prime, I'm in the process of restoring my 2000 NSX-T. I'm going to be redoing the leather interior. My door panels are in good condition just planning on replacing my seats. I just want a public opinion since in 2000 they change the interior to perforated which my wife thinks looks like a Band-Aid. I was thinking about going back to regular smooth leather but I'm not sure how it's going to look since the door panels will still be perforated. I was also worried about staying true to the original seats for resale and originality. The rest of the car is completely stock. I would like some feedback from long time NSX enthusiasts.

Go perforated. You're sitting on them, not staring at them.

I say perforated. I thought about recovering the seats of my 1991 with perforated leather due its breathability but for the sake of originality, I decided against it. You've got it good!

I would say it depends on where you live and how much you drive it.
My 92 DD with 215,500 miles, I'm now on my 3rd set of seat covers
1st the original OEM
2nd custom made perforated, because I really like that look. I live in Dallas and am an avid golfer. Our summers are hot and my damp shirts really affected the perforated leather to the point it caused it to shrink, really affecting the fit.
Due to this, my 3rd set I had made in the smooth finish, and have had no problems with them at all.
So make your choice on where you live and how much you drive it.

Yep, keep it OG perforated. You'll thank yourself and us when it's all said and done.:smile:

Perforated will probably help the leather relax and breathe and not cause early life wrinkling.

I recently replaced the original seat covers on my '92 with perforated and it not looks great, but where I live in the Florida heat, it feels noticeably cooler and more breathable. You won't be disappointed.

Back