• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Moving Near SoCal; Tuning Options?

Soon, I'll be making my way from the east coast to beautiful and lovely Fort Irwin. I'm not excited at all about this move to this destination, but I'm moving past the denial stage and more in to acceptance. The roads around the area look much more entertaining than central TX, so that's a plus! Within a 2-3 hour trip there looks to be a lot to do.

Currently my NSX is in Austin getting the JDM short gears straight. After my move to CA, I'll have the car shipped to me. I just completed LMA install, timing belt, WP, seals, SoS 350 clutch, Prospeed injectors with spacers, and ported intake manifold. I have the Prospeed stage 3 chip, but the car bogs and runs like its on a basemap. I need to pick up an AEM standalone and a tune! If anyone within the area of LA or Vegas have an AEM unit laying around they don't mind selling, or have options to consider for tuning, this would be very helpful!

I've seen some drives to Big Bear Lake, etc. and looking forward to hopping on once the car is with me and running smoothly again. With deployment and downtime its about 2.5 years since I've really driven, driven the car hard.

Looking forward to responses and meeting some of the big whigs down here in the coming months of summer!

-Garrett

SoCal is a big area. I am in north San Diego county and I'm probably 4-5 hours from you.
The drive around Big Bear is nice, mountains all in that area once you get there, but lots of open road to there.
I'm sure there are some other aem folks in SoCal and the various area sub-clubs including San Fernando Vally may be the closest to you. Welcome.

Welcome to sunny SoCal. There are several highly recommended tuners in the area with AEM experience. Two that come to mind are Autowave in Huntington Beach and Bisimoto who is further inland. Both pro AEM tuners. Good luck.

Bisimoto is great but be prepared to pony up the money and be on a wait list. Mike ay Autowave is also really good. If you are in Fort Irwin, Bisimoto will be closer for you.

Back