• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Introductions

Hey all,

Looks like I'm going to be moving in all the way from Ohio. I've been here about a month, but the X is still hiding in storage back home waiting for the weather to clear. In the meantime I figured I'd at least say hello and start meeting everyone.

While I'm searching for a place of my own I'm staying with some family (South San Francisco), and all I have available is street parking. But I've already got the itch to get the car here asap. So I'm also gauging opinions I guess - would you street park your NSX for a couple months?

Hey all,

Looks like I'm going to be moving in all the way from Ohio. I've been here about a month, but the X is still hiding in storage back home waiting for the weather to clear. In the meantime I figured I'd at least say hello and start meeting everyone.

While I'm searching for a place of my own I'm staying with some family (South San Francisco), and all I have available is street parking. But I've already got the itch to get the car here asap. So I'm also gauging opinions I guess - would you street park your NSX for a couple months?
In south San Francisco? Are you kidding? I'd keep it garaged....

I have had my work van broken into where they smashed all my windows out for loose change near SFO. Not a good idea to street park unless you have stellar insurance. It ain't Ohio, sorry to say.:frown:

Last edited:
Another question for you guys. Oakland Acura is only a handful of blocks from where I work. Has anyone dealt with them? Seems like a pretty convenient place to get at least the minor stuff taken care of. Ya'll have mentioned Hillside, Shad, and Fremont Acura before but not a word about the Oakland guys.

Hey Alpo! I just saw this thread but it was good meeting you yesterday. I guess you brought the NSX out already. Are you street parking it? There was another new member at the meet yhesterday who works at Oakland Acura. Where you able to talk to him about getting service there. A lot of locals including myself have had success with Fremont Acura and they have an ex-owners who is a service manager there (Justin Winn). You can always try them.

Hey Alpo! I just saw this thread but it was good meeting you yesterday. I guess you brought the NSX out already. Are you street parking it? There was another new member at the meet yhesterday who works at Oakland Acura. Where you able to talk to him about getting service there. A lot of locals including myself have had success with Fremont Acura and they have an ex-owners who is a service manager there (Justin Winn). You can always try them.
I've worked out an arrangement with someone at my uncles HOA that is renting me one of their parking spaces, so no street parking for me. I wouldn't have brought it out otherwise. And I ended up just having a few things done at Oakland Acura (that's where I met Ray) - just oil change, wheel balance, and alignment. So far so good, and with Ray owning his own I'm not too worried about them being able to handle the majority of the work. And it was good meeting all you guys too!

I've worked out an arrangement with someone at my uncles HOA that is renting me one of their parking spaces, so no street parking for me. I wouldn't have brought it out otherwise. And I ended up just having a few things done at Oakland Acura (that's where I met Ray) - just oil change, wheel balance, and alignment. So far so good, and with Ray owning his own I'm not too worried about them being able to handle the majority of the work. And it was good meeting all you guys too!

I have bought a ton of parts from Oakland Acura but never had the car serviced there. A clutch change at Shad's VS a dealer is about 1,000 dollar difference with an additional 1 week completed time. I originally had my first clutch and header swap out at Concord Acura, never took the car there again. They didn't even f@cking wash it....

I have bought a ton of parts from Oakland Acura but never had the car serviced there. A clutch change at Shad's VS a dealer is about 1,000 dollar difference with an additional 1 week completed time. I originally had my first clutch and header swap out at Concord Acura, never took the car there again. They didn't even f@cking wash it....
Yea I stopped by Concord Acura just to say hi. Turned right around when they started saying things like oil changes and alignments were more $$ because nsx.

Back