• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

and the competition steps it up already - there's a new McLaren & Lambo almost here..

If you look at the video on the ring, the performante has very short gearing. It drops from redline only about 2k rpm's. That was one of my complaints driving the new nsx. The gears seemed very very long. But I am not sure I would put the nsx in the same category as something that can lap the ring in that time....

Didn't someone say the lap time was sped up?

you're the only person i have heard say it...

If you look at the video on the ring, the performante has very short gearing. It drops from redline only about 2k rpm's. That was one of my complaints driving the new nsx. The gears seemed very very long. But I am not sure I would put the nsx in the same category as something that can lap the ring in that time....

the Huracan has a 7-speed tranny. the NSX a 9-speed tranny. if anything, you'd expect the gears in the NSX to be shorter. since the Lamborghini has less gears and a higher top speed, one would assume they are in fact longer and taller than the Honda. the Performante is just ripping through the gearbox more quickly. the standard Huracan is a violently accelerating car, this one is obviously a lot quicker!

what's the NSX's ring lap again?

Just thinking out loud.

attachment.php

Even if that 720S upfront tattoo is for real, I like it. I like the fascia better than the Gen-2 NSX and really respect McLaren's restraint with wheel design, letting the body do the talking instead of the entire vehicle shouting at you. If I cover the rear with my hand and squint, I can see shades of the F1. Rear sure looks like a LaFerrarri looks like every other recent high-haunch smoothed-all-over supercar design, no? I feel a separated at birth with the South Park aliens coming on. :)

latest

With everybody running out of ideas and resorting to retro updates of Mustangs, Minis, Camaros, Stingrays, PT Cruisers, Prowlers, GT40s, I still hope McLaren one day reintroduces the updated retro F1. :)

a 640 horsepower, 3,300 lbs., Porsche 918 Hypercar-beating goldfish. i want one... :biggrin:

p.s. i think that's now the best looking Supercar out there, as well as being unequivocally the fastest.

will that continue to be the excuse then?

that the NSX doesn't have to be as fast as, because it's cheaper than the other Supercars?

The NSX is a failure propped up by excuses by fan boys who cannot stomach the fact that HONDA blundered and they were themselves fooled by the hype.

I can imagine the conversation at the headquarters, what a quagmire they have landed themselves into.
Just spent an ungodly sum on crazy tech to make a car that is significantly under powered compared to a vicious competition that keeps upping their already lofty performance.

It is and is going to be a huge money losing pit for Honda.

There will be more cars being sold off by owners than will be bought by new customers within another 12-24 months, or much sooner. It seems to be happening to some extent already.

The value of this car will plummet as new cars will start showing discounts in desperate attempts to move the units off the showroom floors.

The smart money, right now, is for those who have bought into the hype, to quickly trade off for another "super car" while they can still get a decent amount.

Agree 100%. I have also heard from several sources that the sky will fall from the heavens and kill us all. My plan is to drive my Gen 2 off a cliff ASAP to rid myself of its bad juju.

The NSX is a failure propped up by excuses by fan boys who cannot stomach the fact that HONDA blundered and they were themselves fooled by the hype.

I can imagine the conversation at the headquarters, what a quagmire they have landed themselves into.
Just spent an ungodly sum on crazy tech to make a car that is significantly under powered compared to a vicious competition that keeps upping their already lofty performance.

It is and is going to be a huge money losing pit for Honda.

There will be more cars being sold off by owners than will be bought by new customers within another 12-24 months, or much sooner. It seems to be happening to some extent already.

The value of this car will plummet as new cars will start showing discounts in desperate attempts to move the units off the showroom floors.

The smart money, right now, is for those who have bought into the hype, to quickly trade off for another "super car" while they can still get a decent amount.

Agree 100%. I have also heard from several sources that the sky will fall from the heavens and kill us all. My plan is to drive my Gen 2 off a cliff ASAP to rid myself of its bad juju.

I'll be right behind you.
Thank goodness someone was smart enough to point out how stupid we were and let us know what to do.

"Failure" in the eyes of those who wanted a $100K RWD NSX. The new NSX is not a failure because it's not the fastest car there is on the street or track for X amount of dollars. If that was the case, the first gen NSX was a complete failure too (Some actually believe that statement) with $30K 300ZX and $25K 3000GT beating it in a race on the 1/4 and the new Corvette should be king of all value brands.

Kudos to the Huracan tho, very impressive. I'd like to own a used one someday :rolleyes: It supersedes my long term desire for the Gallardo now. Given how well the Lambos sell for an exotic and depreciation trends, the Huracan should be a great buy in about 7 years...

I'll be right behind you.
Thank goodness someone was smart enough to point out how stupid we were and let us know what to do.

I didn't understand why the website needed a private area for Gen 2 owners until I read some of the moronic posts in this thread and the Why Acura needs to wake up thread - now I do. You guys need some place to be with the other grownups instead of here at the kiddie table.

Last edited:
I didn't understand why the website needed a private area for Gen 2 owners until I read some of the moronic posts in this thread and the Why Acura needs to wake up thread - now I do. You guys need some place to be with the other grownups instead of here at the kiddie table.

I would love to be in there. The only reason I came to this forum is to see what kind of bugs are happening with the new car. Instead, I find myself squabbling with people who have zero intention of owning a NC1, think it's a failure, and so on, yet they still waste their time here talking about the car anyways.

We aren't getting into to much I the owner area

some folks are sharing experience on wiring a radar detector

the infotainment stuff has been the only area that I have had light issues with, dropping Pandora , likely due to reception and not getting an apple car play button after plugging in the iPhone, and that resolves after opening the pandora app on the phone and sometimes requires unplugging the phone and plugging it back in

figuring our service costs has been entertaining but with only 2k on the car, I have a ways to go before the first oil change

We aren't getting into to much I the owner area

some folks are sharing experience on wiring a radar detector

the infotainment stuff has been the only area that I have had light issues with, dropping Pandora , likely due to reception and not getting an apple car play button after plugging in the iPhone, and that resolves after opening the pandora app on the phone and sometimes requires unplugging the phone and plugging it back in

figuring our service costs has been entertaining but with only 2k on the car, I have a ways to go before the first oil change

The Carplay issue is not exclusive to the NSX. They have been seeing glitches over in Honda stores that use the "DA" style infotainment system that the NSX uses.

Issues with Pandora have been plaguing us for a couple years now. Whether it's the ODMD system that all the other Acuras use or the DA system that Honda and the NSX use, we have been dealing with bugs. A lot of them have do directly with the app. Even if it is totally updated, one thing you can try is to delete the app from your phone and reinstall it. That procedure has fixed a few bugs. Another thing to try is delete pandora for awhile and see if the CarPlay situation clears up. If all works fine, then try reinstalling pandora. If the CarPlay glitch returns, then we know pandora is causing it, even if you don't use pandora.

Back