• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

and the competition steps it up already - there's a new McLaren & Lambo almost here..

I don't like that wing on the Huracan Performante, at all.
Maybe they were cool in the 1980's, but it looks immature nowadays. Irregardless of the fact that it is part of their system for increased downforce.
They could have used a more technological hydraulic style wing.
It turns me off, as does the front of the new Acura NSX (way too tall looking).

Don't know about you Chris, or about Bricks, but I think I'm done here.[

i truly sympathize with you guys and will regret not seeing more feedback. I have been on this forum since its inception and have frequently been discouraged from participation by resident as well as fly-by parasites. Just ignore the provocations if you can but most of all enjoy the car, a great piece of automotive engineering that will continue to prove itself with time.

agree with BB ......A forum is a playground....keep on posting....and don't forget there is an ignore feature:wink:

Perhaps moderator can set up private area for the few parasites. Approaching 800 miles already in 2 weeks of delivery. Can't stop driving this thing.

As a way of saving the poor, misguided owners of Gen 2 NSX's any more embarrassment, I will take your "failure" of a car off your hands for $50k. You can thank me later. 😉

I offer 50k and a nsx with a blown motor. Damn you guys are just so stupid. Damn....:biggrin:

Keep the bids going gents. I'll need the fastest car now. Tired of associating myself with failure. :)

You'll notice that the Folks that are referring to the New NSX as a failure, are the one's who...
1) Don't own one.
2) Have not driven one, or got a ride in one
3) They cannot appreciate the Engineering and Technology that used in this car.
4) The whole Philosophy behind this car

PS I don't have a New NSX.

You'll notice that the Folks that are referring to the New NSX as a failure, are the one's who...
1) Don't own one.
2) Have not driven one, or got a ride in one
3) They cannot appreciate the Engineering and Technology that used in this car.
4) The whole Philosophy behind this car

PS I don't have a New NSX.
I don't think it's a failure... but, I do think in this price category it should be much more potent.
You seem knowledgable about the new NSX ....Why is it not?
I'd say it's a tough sell when all the near competition is far more brutal, performance-wise.
They need to turn up the heat.:smile:

So far every real owner of new nsx is very happy with performance....maybe not so much infotainment....potency is in the eye......of the beholder....

I'd say it's a tough sell when all the near competition is far more brutal, performance-wise.
They need to turn up the heat.:smile:

I agree that lap times could be lower and that more power would help. But laptimes aren't everything. The NSX is much more about "smooth" than "brutal." That said, unless you are driving a MUCH more powerful car back to back, no honest and rational human would drive the new NSX in anger and say it is "not fast enough."

The new NSX is devastatingly, breathtakingly fast. It's performance is also very accessible and confidence inspiring. It's just not quite as fast as some of the competition.

Are the cars in your signature "not potent enough" for you?

I agree that lap times could be lower and that more power would help ....

Are the cars in your signature "not potent enough" for you?
Chrisn,
More buyers, I would contend, are interested in street performance times rather than track lap times.
There is no reason why the new NSX cannot be within a whisker of my Huracan's performance numbers.
I am hopeful that Honda/Acura will up their game soon and get me as a customer. We all know that they can. :)

What do you mean by "street performance?" NSX is a monster on the back roads, and is very impressive on he freeway, but physics and power/weight kicks in at very high speed (perhaps above 110 or 120mph). Any hybrid drivetrain and/or AWD car will lose to RWD high HP at high speed straights.

If if you mean 0-60 times, then I agree that that is an importance marketing headline. It's a shame, but it's a reality.

I don't think it's a failure... but, I do think in this price category it should be much more potent.
You seem knowledgable about the new NSX ....Why is it not?

I dont believe I'm qualify to say, why that it is not.....however, all the Owners on this site and those that I spoken to Love their car, and that matters a lot.

My 2 cents.

Bram

What do you mean by "street performance?" NSX is a monster on the back roads, and is very impressive on he freeway, but physics and power/weight kicks in at very high speed (perhaps above 110 or 120mph). Any hybrid drivetrain and/or AWD car will lose to RWD high HP at high speed straights.

If if you mean 0-60 times, then I agree that that is an importance marketing headline. It's a shame, but it's a reality.
In most of the U.S. ... Speeds above 110/120mph will land you in the pokey, with your car on a flatbed, and add'l nasty penalties.
Alas, 0-60ish is all we have left to flex our muscles on the roads.
IMO, this new NSX needs just a tad more oomph in the 0-100mph/quarter mile department.

Last edited:
Man.. it's been a rough week for the car on the market that I'd call the obvious "failure" -- the 650s.

Dealerships have many new 2016 Spiders languishing on the floor with their hopeful $330k stickers intact. What do they do now.. pray for a fire?

My crystal ball says picking up one these cars at MSRP means: $100k off before the 1st car wash, 2-3 months until we see the remaining ones sit awkwardly next to the updated/cheaper 720, less than a year to see 50% depreciation, 2-3 years to follow the 12c in the race to $100k and under.

And looking back 2 years a cross shopper who instead chose a 458 Spider, dodged a loss of over $100k. And it wouldn't be easy to dump the 650 Spider into this flooded market.

When you make a Ferrari with much greater production numbers look like a "good investment" you know you are screwing the pooch! I wonder if it sours people on the supercar experience -- "honey guess what I lost 200 grand in 3 years and now I can't even sell this thing."

Man.. it's been a rough week for the car on the market that I'd call the obvious "failure" -- the 650s.

Dealerships have many new 2016 Spiders languishing on the floor with their hopeful $330k stickers intact. What do they do now.. pray for a fire?

My crystal ball says picking up one these cars at MSRP means: $100k off before the 1st car wash, 2-3 months until we see the remaining ones sit awkwardly next to the updated/cheaper 720, less than a year to see 50% depreciation, 2-3 years to follow the 12c in the race to $100k and under.

And looking back 2 years a cross shopper who instead chose a 458 Spider, dodged a loss of over $100k. And it wouldn't be easy to dump the 650 Spider into this flooded market.

When you make a Ferrari with much greater production numbers look like a "good investment" you know you are screwing the pooch! I wonder if it sours people on the supercar experience -- "honey guess what I lost 200 grand in 3 years and now I can't even sell this thing."
I saw the handwriting on the wall very early on.
I left McLaren and didn't take a huge haircut💈, lol.
McLaren makes fast cars, fast obsolescence, and fast money losses.:biggrin:

720S is beautiful and fast car. Would I buy it? Absolutely! Can I afford a haircut? NO!
I'll stick with my poorman's Ferrari.

Alas, 0-60ish is all we have left to flex our muscles on the roads.
IMO, this new NSX needs just a tad more oomph in the 0-100mph/quarter mile department.

If you would've told me years ago back when the Ferrari F40 had a 0-60 in 4 second range, that we'd someday have cars that will do it in 3 flat...easily and consistently by even a schlub of a driver, and people would be complaining that it's still not quick enough? Wow. These are some amazing times.

The NSX is a failure propped up by excuses by fan boys who cannot stomach the fact that HONDA blundered and they were themselves fooled by the hype.

I can imagine the conversation at the headquarters, what a quagmire they have landed themselves into.
Just spent an ungodly sum on crazy tech to make a car that is significantly under powered compared to a vicious competition that keeps upping their already lofty performance.

It is and is going to be a huge money losing pit for Honda.

There will be more cars being sold off by owners than will be bought by new customers within another 12-24 months, or much sooner. It seems to be happening to some extent already.

The value of this car will plummet as new cars will start showing discounts in desperate attempts to move the units off the showroom floors.

The smart money, right now, is for those who have bought into the hype, to quickly trade off for another "super car" while they can still get a decent amount.

Life is too short to worry about a cars future value...I enjoy my new car,period. if the value plumets i will still be enjoying it and when the time comes to get a new toy well "you have to pay to play" and I will pay.

No way. If I had a soft spot for bricks, I would look into buying a kiln.:wink:

If you would've told me years ago back when the Ferrari F40 had a 0-60 in 4 second range, that we'd someday have cars that will do it in 3 flat...easily and consistently by even a schlub of a driver, and people would be complaining that it's still not quick enough? Wow. These are some amazing times.
So true. Back in 1967, I thought my brand new Shelby was fast at 6.1 seconds to 60mph.:cool:

that's progress mate...

yeah mate, 100%...

I agree that lap times could be lower and that more power would help. The NSX is much more about "smooth" than "brutal." That said, unless you are driving a MUCH more powerful car back to back, no honest and rational human would drive the new NSX in anger and say it is "not fast enough."

The new NSX is devastatingly, breathtakingly fast. It's performance is also very accessible and confidence inspiring. It's just not quite as fast as some of the competition

i agree. but once again chris, the other cars are just as easy to drive and live with as the NSX. that is no longer a Honda advantage.

but they have another ace up their sleeve of which the NSX doesn't. and there's your problem. the NSX doesn't match the performance of the other performance cars...

So far every real owner of new nsx is very happy with performance....maybe not so much infotainment....potency is in the eye......of the beholder....

it's all relative. if someone has only ever driven a '96 Mustang GT, they'll think it's the fastest bloody car on the planet. but if they drive an NSX, and then a Huracan. there'll be absolutely no doubts about which has greater potency.

and if said new NSX buyer doesn't care, all the better for that individual. but there's no denying people who buy these types of cars don't want to chuck down $200,000 for the 6th fastest Supercar. there's no debate there, simply none. you'll all just need to concede that argument and move on...

I'd say it's a tough sell when all the near competition is far more brutal, performance-wise. They need to turn up the heat.:smile:

you'll right on the money Quickie, right on it... :wink:

Life is too short to worry about a cars future value...I enjoy my new car,period. if the value plumets i will still be enjoying it and when the time comes to get a new toy well "you have to pay to play" and I will pay.

couldn't agree more. buy what you want and drive the shit out of it. just don't race a Huracan or 911 Turbo S when the light goes green... :biggrin:

Chrisn,
More buyers, I would contend, are interested in street performance times rather than track lap times.
There is no reason why the new NSX cannot be within a whisker of my Huracan's performance numbers.
I am hopeful that Honda/Acura will up their game soon and get me as a customer. We all know that they can. :)

The hurracan is significantly faster. Look at the speed in the 1/4. It would need 100 more hp and 400 less lbs to get to that whisker... ;)

I firmly believe they can get another 50hp easy from the motor.

Last edited:
Back