• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

and the competition steps it up already - there's a new McLaren & Lambo almost here..

not sure about the lights, but the rest of the car looks good.

the 570S also looks heaps better not in a bright arse yellow, orange or green colour. saw one in silver the other day and it looked sooooooo much better...

not sure about the lights, but the rest of the car looks good.

the 570S also looks heaps better not in a bright arse yellow, orange or green colour. saw one in silver the other day and it looked sooooooo much better...
The 720 looks amazing apart from the lights.

The 570 looks good in black cause it hides all the ugly.

A few things, sorry don't have time to quote everyone but:

a) The new 720s is every bit of tech and modern as you are going to get, have yet to see it in person but will be there for the launch party hopefully. We don't see it as a competitor for the new NSX - it's a $350k+ car and that is a LF-A money really

b) When the new GT3 comes out with the manual we see this car as a "game changer" since not a single MFR produces a 6-speed option so this alone will get Porsche into the record books once again!

c) The new Corvette Z06 is such an amazing car and value no one will beat it. But at the end of the day it's still a Corvette and we all know the typical Vette customer :)

Anyways we were stuck on the horizon for many moons debating to pick up a new NSX or Huracan for product development and have pulled the trigger on the Lambo for now - will give some side by side seat comparisons since we also have access to a 2017 NSX. Look for this on our Youtube eventually

c) The new Corvette Z06 is such an amazing car and value no one will beat it. But at the end of the day it's still a Corvette and we all know the typical Vette customer :)

On the streets, Corvette owners are often true-to-stereotype, but in the paddock at the track I've met many many C7 Vette owners who also (or previously) own(ed) European brands... I feared the white trash stigma as much as the next guy, but the C7 is a nice looking car-- and even better in the Grand Sport / Z06 wide body.

Lol the only guys who stayed true to stereotypes at the track were the viper guys:wink:

Was at the track yesterday with a very new C7 Z07 owner. He was faster around the track than me, but he had Cup2s and I was finishing off my Contis-- plus he's prob just a better driver. In any case, we were driving home on a lonely stretch of straight highway in Mexico and did some pulls (for sake of science). Cars are *very* evenly matched from a roll. NSX pulls on Z06 ever so slightly, perhaps due to DCT v. Manual (in the Vette). I was a bit surprised by this result.

don't the blowers on those vettes lose efficiency/power due to heat soak at some point...

don't the blowers on those vettes lose efficiency/power due to heat soak at some point...

My brother-in-law has a Z06 (very nice car btw) and I sent him the following note that I had come across. It doesn't really address heat soak but does address a problem where the car can be down on power after tracking:
"I gather that cooling can be a problem if you track your car so it discusses the changes they've made to the 2017 C7 manual transmission cars to lower the temp of the transmission oil and the coolant temps to help avoid situations where high temps and aggressive driving can cause the car to retard the timing and cut back on the power. It says they are going to make kits available to retrofit previous years. I doubt it likely that you'll ever be in that camp but just passing along in case you haven't heard.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/ask-tadge/3886073-answered-2017-z06-changes-and-improvements.html"

Yes, the C7 Z06 (especially the early A8 automatics like mine) have cooling issues, but only on hot days when pushed *VERY* hard. You'd NEVER see on the street and even advanced track drivers might not experience it. But it is a real issue on the 2015 and 2016 A8. 2017, especially manual, have fixed the issue.

But, my testing was on a lonely highway on cool day. Ideal conditions for both cars. Z06 not impacted by heat soak or overheating.

Cars are *very* evenly matched from a roll. NSX pulls on Z06 ever so slightly, perhaps due to DCT v. Manual (in the Vette). I was a bit surprised by this result.

That surprises me too. I think if the Z06 had the automatic, the result would be different. While professional test drivers have no problem banging no lift shifts as fast as possible in cars they don't own, the actual owners of these cars probably lose at least a couple tenths between each gear.

On the streets, Corvette owners are often true-to-stereotype, but in the paddock at the track I've met many many C7 Vette owners who also (or previously) own(ed) European brands... I feared the white trash stigma as much as the next guy, but the C7 is a nice looking car-- and even better in the Grand Sport / Z06 wide body.

You got no argument from me - the new Z06 Vette is one sexy ride! I'd love to have one but my wife said we are absolutely DONE with cars for a while. No more cars unless we start getting rid of cars. I'd like to run your NSX against our Huracan sometime since both of us are local just for (sake of science) as you put it :)

You got no argument from me - the new Z06 Vette is one sexy ride! I'd love to have one but my wife said we are absolutely DONE with cars for a while. No more cars unless we start getting rid of cars. I'd like to run your NSX against our Huracan sometime since both of us are local just for (sake of science) as you put it :)

we already know what conclusion that science will deduce... :smile:

I wish Acura made a car much like the GT-3 with a manual and all. That's the type of car people want! How can we get Acura to listen?

I wish Acura made a car much like the GT-3 with a manual and all. That's the type of car people want! How can we get Acura to listen?

I don't think any company will ever again design a clean-sheet "super car" with a clutch pedal. Why is this? Because they are optimizing on attributes that are in direct opposition to having a stick shift. Porsche already has a platform and parts to drop in a manual transmission for special versions of their high-end cars, but the variants with PDK will always and forever be faster and better in all objective respects.....

That's why.

clearly its not the car that the majority of the people want. its the car a small number of enthusiasts want.

and americans are lazy. lol.

Or said another way, Acura would have to spend a bunch of dough to create a tranny for the NSX.

Since they ain't making their sales numbers on the car, trying to justify additional R and D expenditures for the 3 pedal version would likely fall on deaf ears.

Be thankful Porsche gives you what you want, and spend at their stores.

ikeda said the take rate on a manual is so low on ANY model, it doesn't justify the cost.

however, with the Civic/ILX and the accord/tlx, one would think it could have been possible.

Last edited:
About 10 years ago, Ferrari researched the subject in various markets. The purpose was to consider offering the 458 with a stick shift. If I remember correctly, more than 7 out of 10 potential buyers did not want it offered and more importantly, a vast majority of the ones who DID want a stick were not financially ready to acquire one.

About 10 years ago, Ferrari researched the subject in various markets. The purpose was to consider offering the 458 with a stick shift. If I remember correctly, more than 7 out of 10 potential buyers did not want it offered and more importantly, a vast majority of the ones who DID want a stick were not financially ready to acquire one.

Yes we remember this study and sadly it's the truth.

Just got back from an exotic C&C event here locally where they only allow Italians and McLarens for the most part get int. Besides the Ford GT and a few vintage cars - NOTHING was a manual tranny.

500+ cars last Saturday 4/29 + approx 3000 spectators. More new Ferrari & Lambos than I thought existed in the greater Seattle area.
Not one new NSX.

https://exoticsat.com/

500+ cars last Saturday 4/29 + approx 3000 spectators. More new Ferrari & Lambos than I thought existed in the greater Seattle area.
Not one new NSX.

https://exoticsat.com/

Plenty of ballers in Seattle area I'm sure but at our show we did have one new NSX representing :)

Back