• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blutooth solution with factory radio

I put Bluetooth in my NSX last year, and went with the MBUSDU3. I think the version you suggested should work just as well if all you're interested in is Bluetooth. Also worth saying with any GROM you'll loose the CD Changer but its well worth the tradeoff in my opinion.

I've used GROM units in two non-NSX cars as well (which I no longer own). They've been generally pretty good but did have one fail after 4 years. Are you looking at Bluetooth for Music or Handsfree Calling?

Couple install options

1) The Trunk, by far the easiest in my opinion, BUT tough to run the microphone back into the cabin. Also the engine block might affect reception somewhat, though didn't seem to in my limited testing.

2) Behind the Drivers Seat, this is what I went with, you'll have to remove some interior trim, but there is a break in the CD-Changer line here.

3) Behind the Dash. Might move mine here eventually, but it'll be a pain if you need to access the GROM unit for any reason.

Last edited:
Well, is there any solution if I have 1995 targa Honda NSX but with casette player not CD changer?

Thanks

I found a thread discussing adding Blutooth to the NSX. But it was fairly old. Is this the correct unit to buy nowadays (model MBUSDB3)? Any known issues?

http://gromaudio.com/store/bt3_adapters/honda_acura_91-08_bluetooth_aux-in_ipod_iphone_adapter.html

Anything else needed?

Car is a 1997 in case that matters.

Ara

What are you looking to do, play music or have hands free calling capability?

Well, is there any solution if I have 1995 targa Honda NSX but with casette player not CD changer?

Thanks

Radio Shack has a Bluetooth cassette adapter that I use to stream music from my phone. Works great!

I put Bluetooth in my NSX last year, and went with the MBUSDU3. I think the version you suggested should work just as well if all you're interested in is Bluetooth. Also worth saying with any GROM you'll loose the CD Changer but its well worth the tradeoff in my opinion.

I've used GROM units in two non-NSX cars as well (which I no longer own). They've been generally pretty good but did have one fail after 4 years. Are you looking at Bluetooth for Music or Handsfree Calling?

Couple install options

1) The Trunk, by far the easiest in my opinion, BUT tough to run the microphone back into the cabin. Also the engine block might affect reception somewhat, though didn't seem to in my limited testing.

2) Behind the Drivers Seat, this is what I went with, you'll have to remove some interior trim, but there is a break in the CD-Changer line here.

3) Behind the Dash. Might move mine here eventually, but it'll be a pain if you need to access the GROM unit for any reason.

Great advice. I choose to install at #2 location as well. Also, I have had my GROM for 3 years now, and a couple months ago I updated the software on it from the GROM website. I would recommend periodically updating it and definitely confirming you have the latest version before installing. It really improved the performance for me.

Thanks

I believe the above solutions will work for you just the same, because even though you may not have the CD changer in the trunk the cable routing to the trunk from the headunit was still installed from factory. So you should be able to install in the 3 locations mentioned above. You could do the Bluetooth cassette tape but I would recommend the GROM. I started with the cassette myself and eventually moved to the GROM since it was less hassle.

Agree, briefly used a cassette adapter, but if memory serves it ejected the cassette every time the stereo was switched off, which was pretty annoying. Also found the cassette audio quality to not be nearly as good.

And yep, the cable routing is still there even if you don't have the CD Changer.

Back