• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago - Milwaukee area Meets and Drives - 2017 Edition

Hi Everyone! With all of the warm weather we've been experiencing, it's a safe bet that we're all suffering from "spring fever" and are looking forward to enjoying our cars. Here is a listing of activities planned for this year:

March 30th - Portillo's

April 20th - Portillo's

May 6th - Supercar Saturday

May 7th - Lake Geneva Scenic Drive & Dine

May 21st - "Cars and Cops" Car Show (see related thread)

May 25th - Portillo's

June 3rd - Supercar Saturday

June 15th - Portillo's

July 1st - Supercar Saturday

July 13th - Portillo's

August 5th - Supercar Saturday

August 13th - Port Edwards Brunch

September 2nd - Supercar Saturday

September 5th-10th - NSXPO at Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin

October 1st - Cruise to Starved Rock State Park, Illinois

October 19th - Portillo's

As these dates approach we'll post more info on the specifics (i.e. meetup times, locations, driving routes, etc.). The Portillo's is the location on IL Rt. 83 in Elmhurst (Elmhurst Crossing Shopping Center, between St. Charles Rd. and North Avenue) and will be at 7:00 PM. The venues for Supercar Saturdays normally alternate between The Promenade Mall in Bolingbrook and an as-yet-to-be-named location in the northern suburbs (last year it was in South Barrington). More info on this as it becomes available. The drives to Lake Geneva and Port Edwards include scenic rural roads and meals at quality restaurants. These events have been a lot of fun in the past and should continue to be so this year! Hope to see everyone at our next meetup! :smile:

Amendment: A couple of years ago a small number of us took an overnight trip to the Traverse City, Michigan area and really enjoyed ourselves. Great driving roads and a pretty area. We did not take an overnight trip last year. One of the guys who went on the overnight trip asked me recently if there would be an overnight outing this year. I'm "testing the waters". Is there any interest in taking a trip either back to Michigan or anywhere else this year?

Last edited:
Full calendar already

I will try to make the May 21 event, Sunday's are best for me

My car came in just after the last rise and drive event in 2016

Did those folks throw in the towel? I can't find anything from them for 2017

Full calendar already

I will try to make the May 21 event, Sunday's are best for me

My car came in just after the last rise and drive event in 2016

Did those folks throw in the towel? I can't find anything from them for 2017

Have you ever been to the Supercar Saturdays events? They draw many nice cars and friendly owners. Your car would be a hit.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this year!
5/21 and 5/25 I for sure cannot attend by first glance.

Hope to make it to a few this season. You should post this to the Facebook group as well, there are many that don't follow
Prime much anymore. Midwest NSX Owners on FB!

Hope to make it to a few this season. You should post this to the Facebook group as well, there are many that don't follow
Prime much anymore. Midwest NSX Owners on FB!
I resisted joining Facebook from it's inception, although I finally gave in and reluctantly joined it recently only after realizing that many people have abandoned Prime for it. I pulled up the Midwest NSX Owners page only to find that it is "closed to new members" (not exactly an open-arms welcome) and my request to join anyway has gone unanswered. So if I'm not overly enthusiastic about Facebook I hope people understand why. For those of you (Ryan) who are able access the Midwest NSX Owners page on Facebook, please encourage others to visit this thread, for we would like to have a strong response. It just seems that I can't be the one to reach out to the Facebook Midwest NSX Owners group.

Last edited:
Hi Jeff, thanks for the background. The FB group is not closed to new members, more of a let's validate you own an NSX and are in the Midwest. I approved you today. If there are others in this situation please have them msg me either here or on FB. Thanks!

Hi Jeff, thanks for the background. The FB group is not closed to new members, more of a let's validate you own an NSX and are in the Midwest. I approved you today. If there are others in this situation please have them msg me either here or on FB. Thanks!
Thanks, Ryan! I appreciate you approving/adding me today! I posted the information onto the Midwest NSX Owner's FB page. Let's hope it gets some attention!

Bricks and Bio - morning sir, glad you're considering the Cars and Cops car show coming up in May. I'm trying to gather up enough NSX guys out to this event to make a mini NSXPO lol.

Please pre-register - www.cpdmemorial.org/carshow/
(basically asks for name/car info and pic/select "exotic" class)

Also in regards to Rise and Drive, Burt who is the owner of Collector's Car Garage, is still hosting the events. I will get the dates, have been meeting regularly with him organizing the May 21st event

looking toward to meeting you and hopefully more of the Midwest owners

Last edited:
Thanks Sali,

I just registered and I am sure it will be a drool worthy event.

I had seen that the Rise and Drive events were connected to Collector Car Garage, it just seemed funny that radio silence had occurred. I got the car just after their last event in 2016.

Fantastic! I look forward to seeing your car at the show! Thanks for registering. It will be a great event for a great cause. Let's hope more NSX owners come out and represent! So far we have at least 5 registering. See you then

Thanks Sali,

I just registered and I am sure it will be a drool worthy event.

I had seen that the Rise and Drive events were connected to Collector Car Garage, it just seemed funny that radio silence had occurred. I got the car just after their last event in 2016.

A quick reminder to everyone - Portillo's, tomorrow night, 7:00 pm. If you're afraid of the forecast rain, bring your daily driver.

Last edited:
Good to see everyone last night! To whomever drove the white NSX (not you, Mick...there was another who came after you left)...we saw your car parked after we came out of Portillo's to leave. Sorry that we missed you! That's a pretty car that you have...hopefully we'll connect next time! Next event: Supercar Saturday at Bollingbrook on May 6th, with the Lake Geneva drive and brunch on May 7th! :smile:

I sent a request on Facebook. I am not on Prime much either.
Thanks,
Raemarie Talbot
96 NSX-T Midnight pearl
Original Owner 84K miles

^Thanks for checking in!
Come on our to one of our meet ups this year. I've never seen midnight pearl in person.

Last edited:
I sent a request on Facebook. I am not on Prime much either.
Thanks,
Raemarie Talbot
96 NSX-T Midnight pearl
Original Owner 84K miles

Hi Rae! Happy to see you still have your PLUM crazy :biggrin: Still have the white ITR your husband rocked me around Gingerman in?

Wow. You guys in Chicago are above my pay grade.

Great pics as always Brylek.

The North shore of Chicago land is paved in gold. I love working near LFSC and frequently see something fun out for a test drive.

But that nice black NSX still has a dealer plate.

Did anyone go to Rise and Drive this past Sunday.

I started heading out and it looked like a thunderstorm was about to happen and I bailed. The day turned out just fine.

Back