• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zero Pieces of Luggage - Car and Driver In Depth Revew

The NSX has no trunk up front which seemingly all mid engine cars have. BUT they have a decent size rear trunk that WILL fit a golf bag with driver and 3 wood without removing them as has previously been reported. I put my clubs in the trunk myself. Also there is plenty of room for typical soft style duffel style bags just not your typical carry on bag. What other mid engine car, besides a Cayman, fits a golf bag? NONE! Honda created a great EVERYDAY exotic as they said was there mission. I test drove one this past weekend and was very impressed. Just a great car you could use daily. Easy ingress and egress, very impressive high quality interior, not too low to the ground, phenomenal transmission, soaks up road imperfections like a touring car, an engine that is smooth as butter, overall a car that is so livable it reminds me of how the original NSX compared to other exotics back n 1991. To drive everyday I would gladly take this over a 488, Huracan, 650S or 570GT. If I wanted just a weekend ride then no, I would go Italian, German or English. I think Honda nailed their mark on what they wanted to create, unfortunately at this high price point the only car they can poach buyers from is the Porsche Turbo or Turbo S, and maybe the Audi R8, hence the extremely disappointing sales.

Last edited:
Who carries a suitcase anymore? :biggrin:I guess they didn't have a duffle bag handy.

There is PLENTY of room to pack for a weekend getaway for two if you use soft sided luggage. Probably not the best car to drive to the airport with your checked bags.

I'm not sure what use cases would make NSX trunk capacity to be an issue. I've made grocery store runs with it (although I would not suggest putting ice cream in the trunk/oven if you plan a spirited drive home).

My girl and I fit a small carry-on in the trunk. We also had two full back packs in the sides. That was only due to when we traveled to buy the car, I wasn't sure her carry on would fit. WE aid screw it, if it doesn't fit, we ship it back. throw the stuff in the trunk loose. It was tight but it fit on the passenger side. I do agree with them on interior space. It needs more livable use space.

My girl and I fit a small carry-on in the trunk. We also had two full back packs in the sides. That was only due to when we traveled to buy the car, I wasn't sure her carry on would fit. WE aid screw it, if it doesn't fit, we ship it back. throw the stuff in the trunk loose. It was tight but it fit on the passenger side. I do agree with them on interior space. It needs more livable use space.

When you say more livable use space, can you elaborate on what that means?

Usable bins, storage behind the seats, a shelf

The basic truth is the hybrid components ate a lot of space so Honda focused on roomy seating and left some creature comfort items off the list

see above. I dont like sitting on my wallet. Maybe give us a door pocket (opening something). At least in my Gen1, I have an okay size center console for stuff.. Not wishing for a lot of room.

They say they can't even load one piece of luggage (22" X 14" X 9") in the NSX trunk and give it the lowest rating compared to McLaren 570S, I8 and 911. 2 Stars out of 5!!!

I am having a hard time believing that. Any owners interested in proving/disproving the results?

Overall, a pretty good and positive review.

The one negative thing that stood out for me was this :

"Touted as the everyday supercar, the NSX is certainly comfortable and intuitive enough for just about anyone to use as a daily driver. But its cabin doesn’t have the premium feel and luxurious amenities one expects from an Acura, let alone one that is meant to compete with the best from England and Germany."

But its cabin doesn’t have the premium feel and luxurious amenities one expects from an Acura, let alone one that is meant to compete with the best from England and Germany.

That's funny. I guess whoever wrote that review really isn't familiar with the rest of Acura's carlines. Premium feel? Jeez. You can get almost the entire NSX interior with carbon, leather, and alcantara on every surface with very little regular old plastic. There's plenty of plastic in all of our other cars.

Overall, a pretty good and positive review.

The one negative thing that stood out for me was this :

"Touted as the everyday supercar, the NSX is certainly comfortable and intuitive enough for just about anyone to use as a daily driver. But its cabin doesn’t have the premium feel and luxurious amenities one expects from an Acura, let alone one that is meant to compete with the best from England and Germany."

Disagree completely. Love the interior. Certainly on par with my 2013 SL63 Amg. Much nicer than a McLaren 570 which feels more spare than an older BMW

I keep seeing this kind of review on the interior and my sense is the plastic controls for the HVAC (very Acura like), the window switches and the latch for the glove compartment are what these folks are taking issue with.

They all work fine but are no where near the kind of stuff used in the LFA

The amount of leather, alcantara and nice stitching in the NSX contradicts most of this kind of review.

Sunline, sounds like you had a chance to drive one.

Can you do a comparo to your LFA?

Totally different cars. The LFA is like a super stiff, super responsive race car that they made road legal, the NSX is a fantastic daily driver that is much much softer and everyday user friendly in all regards. I absolutely loved the way the NSX drove, Honda did a great job, just like they did originally. The LFA is like riding on a wild roller coaster at a giant theme park whereas the NSX is more like a slightly wild ride than is meant for 10 year olds on the boardwalk. I hope that Honda decides to offer a basic NSX without the electric motors, with a bump in horsepower and can get the price down to the 120's. I think the market would really open up for them at that price point.

Thanks Sunline.

I go by S2000toIS350 on Clublexus.

Great to see you and some other folks have picked these up and are using them. I was bummed for a long time after canceling my order.

Unfortunately, most of the LFAs are stuck in garages of collectors like the gray ring edition car I saw in Chicago.

Thanks Sunline.

I go by S2000toIS350 on Clublexus.

Great to see you and some other folks have picked these up and are using them. I was bummed for a long time after canceling my order.

Unfortunately, most of the LFAs are stuck in garages of collectors like the gray ring edition car I saw in Chicago.

ah so that is YOU on Clublexus - figured you were on here too!

The new NSX doesn't have much storage however it DOES have more than most mid engine cars. At least there are cup holders!

A few things we noted in our last drive, if we had to cover 200+ miles and had our choice, we'd take the keys to the new NSX for sure. It's by far one of the most livable mid engine sports cars that does not punish the driver. What I mean is you can just drive the car and forget about what you are driving. The R8 does this pretty well as a competitor to the NSX and so does Porsche so this is where most of the target customers will be coming from.

The Huracan, 488 and McLaren are all great cars but they do punish the driver quite a bit more and you never forget what you are driving.

Back