• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fuel pump?????

Need a fuel pump for my turbo build, which should I go with and why? Need some ideas tune coming soon and I have the angus turbo kit.

Appreciate the help prime.

Seems like common choices are the Denso (Supra mk4) (kind of expensive) and the Walbro (high current draw and not necessarily perfectly reliable even if you avoid getting a fake one). Other possibilities are the Aeromotive and the Deatschwerks DW200 or DW300. I have a DW200 on the advice of [MENTION=4799]DDozier[/MENTION] and have been perfectly happy with it. I'm on a CTSC running about 7.5 psi boost (~399 whp). I do use a relay to supply power to it, which I consider a good idea. I do not use the fuel-pump resistor.

Seems like common choices are the Denso (Supra mk4) (kind of expensive) and the Walbro (high current draw and not necessarily perfectly reliable even if you avoid getting a fake one). Other possibilities are the Aeromotive and the Deatschwerks DW200 or DW300. I have a DW200 on the advice of @DDozier and have been perfectly happy with it. I'm on a CTSC running about 7.5 psi boost (~399 whp). I do use a relay to supply power to it, which I consider a good idea. I do not use the fuel-pump resistor.
yea I was thinking the Supra one. Where would I purchase that at. Just Toyota? And about walbro I had that experience with my twin turbo 350z it stopped working within 500 miles.

yea I was thinking the Supra one. Where would I purchase that at. Just Toyota? And about walbro I had that experience with my twin turbo 350z it stopped working within 500 miles.
My issue with the Denso is that it draws a lot of current. From what I have seen, it ranges from 15-20 amps at 40-90 psi. The Deatschwerks draws 9-12 amps at those pressures. I can't offer useful advice about where to buy the Denso.

My issue with the Denso is that it draws a lot of current. From what I have seen, it ranges from 15-20 amps at 40-90 psi. The Deatschwerks draws 9-12 amps at those pressures. I can't offer useful advice about where to buy the Denso.

Word. Much appreciated sir. I'll check them both out. At least I have a base to do research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my Denso from an import parts dealer in FL.

I wire mine directly from the alternator with large wire (forget what gauge). No resistor.

I have a few things to get for my tune
  • SUPRA MKIV fuel pump
  • SOS shifter
  • Gauges (AEM or GaugeArt) still debating between the two (any insight would be appreciated)
other things needed to install

• window bushings
  • new rims Selling my work VVXS soon
  • FXMD widebody
  • Do-luck rear spoiler

Back