• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is Gen 2

I am seeing posts about "Gen 2" and it sounds like they are talking about "Gen 1" cars with the updated appearance, Gen 1.5? or is Gen 2 really having problems with overheating or wind noise at high speeds from poorly adjusted windows. Gen 2 to me starts with the 2017 cars. Please illuminate me if I am mistaken

Gen 2 is the 2017 so you are correct. Gen 1 is everything for. 91-2005.

Various comments in this Gen 2 section.

I saw the reference to desert rally racing. I have no experience there, but I have pushed the NSX on a racetrack all day in >100 Deg weather (not endurance racing, but track day with 20-25 min sessions) without any heat issues (other than melting a foam insert in the trunk-- replaced under warranty). Cooling does not seem to be a problem at stock power levels.

I saw the reference to desert rally racing. I have no experience there, but I have pushed the NSX on a racetrack all day in >100 Deg weather (not endurance racing, but track day with 20-25 min sessions) without any heat issues (other than melting a foam insert in the trunk-- replaced under warranty). Cooling does not seem to be a problem at stock power levels.

Looks in the Gen 2 DIY section. In fact, you comment about how to remove the roof on the Gen 2 and yes, a Sawzall would be required

Back