• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Custom windshield wiper for 91 NSX with roll cage installed

Hi,

I bought a 1991 NSX that was stripped for track use and an SCCA approved roll cage installed. I want to put just enough street equipment back on the car so I can pass Utah state inspection and drive it on the street as well as on the track. The previous owner removed the windshield wiper assembly to setup the roll cage. The right roll cage strut passes through where the windshield wiper motor would normally be, so I need to come up with a custom windshield wiper that can fit even with this roll cage remaining intact. Does anyone know of an NSX that has had this done, or any ideas about a good way to go about doing this?

Pics of the roll cage area in question:
P1020658.jpg
broader view:
P1020659.jpg

Last edited:
one more thing about this

Hi,

I bought a 1991 NSX that was stripped for track use and an SCCA approved roll cage installed. I want to put just enough street equipment back on the car so I can pass Utah state inspection and drive it on the street as well as on the track. The previous owner removed the windshield wiper assembly to setup the roll cage. The right roll cage strut passes through where the windshield wiper motor would normally be, so I need to come up with a custom windshield wiper that can fit even with this roll cage remaining intact. Does anyone know of an NSX that has had this done, or any ideas about a good way to go about doing this?

Pics of the roll cage area in question:
View attachment 142648
broader view:
View attachment 142649

I forgot to mention that I am ok with the idea of one single wiper. I just need to get this car through state inspection.

Progress on the NSX wiper with roll cage project

I'm in for ideas and such also. I heard the windshield wiper motor assembly is quite heavy so it would be great to replace it with a lighter one in general.

I ordered a stock wiper motor and assembly from a junkyard, and am going to start investigating cutting up the existing assembly for a possible center of cowl installation. I thought it would be good to start with a functioning motor and wiring harness. I will provide pics as I go along.

the state will pass inspection for a street car with a racing cage?

Back