• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 Lake Geneva brunch and drive - May 7th

Hello!

This is it, it's time to get the cars out of hibernation and kick off the 2017 driving season with our annual Lake Geneva meet and drive!

This year we are going back to the Geneva Inn Hotel and Restaurant, this is the same place that we used back in 2014 and 2015.
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]
Geneva Inn Restaurant:
N2009 S Lake Shore Dr, Lake Geneva, WI 53147
[/COLOR]

We are meeting there at 10am, there will be a designated parking space for us at the restaurant's extra parking lot across the street from the hotel.

After we're done eating we will go for a drive from the restaurant to the Alpine Valley skiing resort, a map will be provided during the brunch (same route as last time). The drive should take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. Hopefully nobody will be in an urgent need to use a restroom along the way, both, the restaurant and Alpine Valley resort have restrooms available for us. Please fill up your cars the day before.

For the people traveling from Chicago, some of us will be having coffee at the Lake Forest Oasis from about 8am so this way we can leave around 8:45am.

The event is open to all NSX enthusiasts, I hope to see you there!

If I don't have to work then I'll be there. For any of you guys who haven't been on this before, it's one of the best events that we have all year and it's always a lot of fun! :smile:

Last edited:
Well, I just learned that I have to work the afternoon of May 7th :(. I still plan on meeting up with everyone at the Lake Forest Oasis, but may only be able to drive part of the way to Lake Geneva before having to return home.

Great! Would you like to look at the menu and put in your bid for your best 3 choices :)?

We vote for the Crab Cake Benedict, Geneva Inn Breakfast, and the Wisconin bloody mary omelet (if we are limited to only the brunch menu).

Count me in! See some of you the day prior at SCS and then bright and early on Sun at the LF oasis.

See you all Sunday!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm kind of out of the loop. Would like to join you at a Lake Geneva on Sunday, driving from Elmhurst/OakBrook area will try to meet at Lake Forest oasis at 8:00am. Not on Instagram ,what's best way to communicate?
Phil

We don't really communicate much outside of here unless we have each other's phone numbers. Please pm me if you would like to have my cell phone number just in case.

To all the NSX owners and NSX enthusiasts, please don't think that you have to be registered for this event in any way, if you would like to participate simply show up at the Lake Forest Oasis at 8am or at the Geneva Inn resort at 10am.

Please fill up your cars the day before, it would be very inconvenient if someone had to pull into a gas station.

See you Sunday morning!

Excellent event - Just as expected!

We don't really communicate much outside of here unless we have each other's phone numbers. Please pm me if you would like to have my cell phone number just in case.

To all the NSX owners and NSX enthusiasts, please don't think that you have to be registered for this event in any way, if you would like to participate simply show up at the Lake Forest Oasis at 8am or at the Geneva Inn resort at 10am.

Please fill up your cars the day before, it would be very inconvenient if someone had to pull into a gas station.

See you Sunday morning!

I think the day went as smooth as planned. Breakfast was a great time to meet people I didn't know. Driving was picturesque and spirited. And yes, I did get a sunburn!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

The Rise and Drive event at Collectors Car Garage was well attended.

There was an early Gen 1 car with the plate Krappy (I think). I did not meet the owner.

It was fun to just stand by my car and hear all the conversations about the NSX.

The most consistent comment was, I have never seen one of these outside of a car show.

A few people struck up conversations and they were very positive on the car.

One guy wanted to create a 3D model of it and walked around taking images.

There were a surprising number of folks taking pictures and videos of it. Hopefully some will show up on the web.

I oddest question was if Acura would build them for more than a couple of years. He believed that the Gen 1 cars were only produced for 3 or 4 years.

The guys who signed you in at the entrance felt the Hybrid stuff made the car sound eerie.

The next show there will be in 2 weeks and hopefully we will have as nice a day as today with our larger group.

It was good to see everyone! A special welcome to the new guys! Bravo to Paul for putting this together!

This was one of the best Lake Geneva drives we had! Huge thanks to everyone who made it, I hope you enjoyed the meet!

Please post as many pictures as you can here!

NSX Prime Lake Geneva meet 2017 by Brylek, on Flickr

Morgan trying to race an older lady in a civic!

Oh yeah?

Morgan trying to race an older lady in a civic!

I am pretty certain she had nitrous and test pipes on that Civic.

Seriously, a great day and a great group of people. Well done, Paul and helpers. You made it seem easy and effortless.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Nitrous and test pipes! Too funny.

Do I count 17 NSX's there?

:cool:

Back