• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rescue - Build 1992 Berlina Black

Purchased my first NSX in April last year. 1992 Berlina Black automatic with black interior (I'm not sure if there were other interior color options). It needed cleaning, maintenance (belts, water pump, seals, gasket, valve adjustment, etc.). Below are the initial pictures. I hope to have it done by sometime this summer 2017 so I can enjoy it before the Michigan winter returns.

I love rescue 'build' threads, especially when it adds another NSX to the Michigan crew!

Congrats,
Brian

It just needs some love. Congrats and welcome aboard.

I'll be following the process, let me know if you need sourcing parts. lol it's crazy you still had my phone number from 15 years ago, man I was a post whore on the legend forum

I'll be following the process, let me know if you need sourcing parts. lol it's crazy you still had my phone number from 15 years ago, man I was a post whore on the legend forum

I had it in my old phones and just kept copying the contact from one to the other. I saw you on here after I bought this NSX and thought it was the same person. Looks like it was. You did post quite a bit back then. I will definitely reach out to you for parts. I am working on a list of things to do and will post them in details in the next few days.

One thing that I do need right now is the knee bolster under the steering wheel. It has the part that goes around the key cylinder. it seems that that part is very hard to source.

Welcome to the forum, [MENTION=32549]Jamlegend[/MENTION]! I recognized your car instantly because I went to drive it in Pontiac when the Craigslist ad was still up. I ultimately walked away thinking that it would be too much work. Ironically, I ended up with a car with more missing parts and needed just as much (if not more) work for way more than what you paid :tongue: However, I am very glad someone local is rescuing it! Don't worry about the flamers. In my experience, NSX owners are always extra critical of neglected examples, but most of them turn into well wishers when somebody steps up to save it. Good to hear the transmission was easily fixed though...I remember that being big questionable concern. It looks and probably drives a hundred times better with the OEM wheels. Looking good after the first wash already :smile:

Speaking of the dash piece, I have a spare one that has a repairable crack and needs to be reupholstered, but I have some black vinyl fabric for the job. I also have a black seat cushion cover as I remember it being ripped on your car. You can have them for free if you like, just shoot me a PM. Folks on here have helped me a ton and I'm just returning the favor. I'm actually also in the middle of a big maintenance refresh myself and just ordered (hopefully) everything last night, so let me know if I can be of any assistance putting the parts list together.

Be sure to head over to the Michigan thread to chat with the local owners. Looking forward to your progress and seeing the car around!

tbox, Thanks for the history info and the offer for the dash piece. I will definitely take it and repair it. I actually do not need the back cushion. The cushion in my car is ok. the leather needs to be redone which I plan to replace it all after the engine maintenance. I have done two legends using leather from leatherseats.com. If you need any help at all, let me know as well. I have done head gaskets on legends, quite a number of timing belts (mainly hondas), valve ajustments, and one TL transmission build. I'll PM you on the knee bolster. Thanks again.

Back