• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX upgraded by Autowave, Huntington Beach

I got my 1993 back from Autowave last Friday and enjoy the improvements. I had added CT Engineering headers & cat-back exhaust before. They did an engine-out restoration, adding the CT supercharger, an OEM ECU and air box [had a chipped ECU and K&N filter on before], fuel pump, radiator, and replaced all the seals, hoses, and gaskets. We also put in Bilstein shocks and steel brake lines, plus Enkei tf01 wheels at 17" front and 18" rear. They dyno-tuned it to 330 rear wheel hp. Obviously it's not the hottest NSX they produced, but it's terrific for canyon carving and the occasional open track day, and drives as tight as new. My next track day is at Buttonwillow in early June; looking forward to it.
Once all the parts were in, they were able to do the work in about 4 weeks and gave me weekly progress reports. Shane called today as a follow-up to see how it was running and how I liked it, and I said I've been smiling ever since I got it back. They did a terrific job in a low-key, professional way. I highly recommend Autowave -- they've worked on more than 700 NSXs and can build you anything you want.
I'd appreciate hearing others' experience with them and what you've done to you NSX.

Back