• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just purchased my 2001 Black on Tan NSX

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I just purchased a 2001 Black on Tan NSX-T yesterday! I did not get any service records, but I will be getting them from the dealers that did service it. Should I have it serviced? She's got 29,xxx miles on her. Any pointers is much appreciated! [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I tried... keeps saying there is a network problem... I'll try again later when I have better signal or when I get home.

I'll put up some more pics soon.
b88683f935d44b6c26adf3d110484918.jpg

Looks clean. Welcome.

congrats & welcome! I've got the exact same car as you!

try to find out if the timing belt/water pump has been changed. If you can't find paperwork showing it was done, you should get that done for piece of mind.

Thank you. I'm thinking of having these wheels done in black...

Clean car!
I would not have those wheels done in black, IMO better to get a different set of wheels that will suit the NSX better in black and sell these.

Unless you really love them though then yeah! But I would look at as many pictures of NSX's with different style wheels to get a better idea.

Clean car!
I would not have those wheels done in black, IMO better to get a different set of wheels that will suit the NSX better in black and sell these.

Unless you really love them though then yeah! But I would look at as many pictures of NSX's with different style wheels to get a better idea.

CONGRATS and welcome aboard - nice looking NSX you have acquired.

I agree with onilink. Further, almost seems as if the "blackout" (or, "murdered") look has run its course . . . . . but to each his own :smile:

Clean car!

Well said

Welcome! That's a clean car & well bought based on your post in the pricing thread.
Thank you. Yes, I agree with you that it was a good deal. Everything felt good while driving it. I'll be taking it to Acura when I bring it back home. Just to have the car looked over again closely.

CONGRATS and welcome aboard - nice looking NSX you have acquired.

I agree with onilink. Further, almost seems as if the "blackout" (or, "murdered") look has run its course . . . . . but to each his own [emoji2]
I think the wheels look good but not a huge fan of the Chrome. If I could get it to have a brushed look, that would be perfect!

I think the wheels look good but not a huge fan of the Chrome. If I could get it to have a brushed look, that would be perfect!

They look good, but I'll bet those wheels are heavy. Our cars weren't blessed with an abundance of power, so there's a performance penalty for a larger diameter, heavier wheel.

Looks great man. Sell those wheels and work vvxs 17/18 they are light weight and reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I decided to get the chrome wheels powder coated to gold. Thoughts everyone?
14ca3e0f0448c581cbfbc6f88d12568f.jpg
1ec603c972a171b31e58a6494c5bfe53.jpg
203090d5cefb2bd1a0f84d86f06b3d0e.jpg
c68bb0f4761821876e4afb73a18d8037.jpg
10e9bd0177e4a02cab9714f26687f0f4.jpg
8da37746a0415590cb053ee2b7787b03.jpg

I will be nice and just say they looked better chrome. I'd have sold them.

Back