• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STOLEN in Los Angeles area: 1996 White NSX-T JH4NA1187TT000401

On March 31, 2017 one of our members had his beloved NSX stolen out of his driveway in the Granada Hills area of Los Angeles, CA. If you see anything please report it to the police and reply to this thread so I can contact the owner.

He provided the following details:

It is such a devastating violation - I have had the car 21 years, since new.

Here's the basics:

1996 NSX-T: VIN - JH4NA1187TT000401

attachment.php

Grand Prix White, Tan interior, Stock chrome wheels, CD changer in trunk

204,000miles

Stolen from Driveway of my home in Granada Hills at about 1:18am Fri. 3/31/2017

Modifications:
(Mechanic ID number is inscribed on multiple parts including inside engine)
Eibach springs and Koni shocks - (all 4 koni's leaking/shot)
Comptech headers, air box, muffler with chrome tips
Comptech Rear non complinace bushings
Science of Speed stage II clutch
antenna switch installed in left door sill, near drivers seat control.

Condition: ( or my to do list!)
Drivers seat badly worn through on right side
Front tires are wider than stock: 225/45/16 worn down to cord, 5mm wheel spacer
Wilwood black 6 piston caliper front brakes
Rear tires nearly worn out, 40mmg rear wheel spacers
LED light bars added under front lights
missing front bumper guard
Center part of tail light - where trunk key fits - mount broken duct taped in place
Radio volume knob worn and erratic: jumps to full volume with slight movement
Right front ac evaporator fan not working

Car was featured in NSX-PO DVD from 2010 at Las Vegas/Pahrump track event.

Attachments

• JH4NA1187TT0000401-stolen-2017.jpg
    JH4NA1187TT0000401-stolen-2017.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,741
This is the third I've know that got stolen in Socal area, there's probably more. Same situation on the drive way. Someone nearby knew that there's an NSX on known drive way. Ever since the second drive way thievery incident that I've heard. I have never ever since left my NSX on the drive way. I have installed lojack on my FD which is parked on the drive way. Socal has so many thieves you have to to protect your self from them. I will pass the word around and hopefully it will resurface.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this. I live near by too. I'm in Granada hills everyday also.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Where were the others stolen?
This is the third I've know that got stolen in Socal area, there's probably more. Same situation on the drive way. Someone nearby knew that there's an NSX on known drive way. Ever since the second drive way thievery incident that I've heard. I have never ever since left my NSX on the drive way. I have installed lojack on my FD which is parked on the drive way. Socal has so many thieves you have to to protect your self from them. I will pass the word around and hopefully it will resurface.

This is upsetting. Can't see how these cars can be that much of a desirable target for thieves because of their relative rarity. Makes me wonder if they're going to chop it up and part it out. Not like I see GPW and Comptech parts come up for sale everyday. I guess it'd be hard to prove that goods you see on Craigslist were stolen. Or maybe they've destined the car to be shipped overseas and stored in some private collection??

The other 2 were also on the drive way. 1 in OC 1 in San Diego, these were about 7 to 8 years. There was one in Arizona stolen with a trailer parked in Hotel area he was at and I believe it was 97+ NSX.

VIN incorrect - please change to 17 character VIN by eliminating a zero

On March 31, 2017 one of our members had his beloved NSX stolen out of his driveway in the Granada Hills area of Los Angeles, CA. If you see anything please report it to the police and reply to this thread so I can contact the owner.

He provided the following details:

It is such a devastating violation - I have had the car 21 years, since new.

Here's the basics:

1996 NSX-T: VIN - JH4NA1187TT0000401

Grand Prix White, Tan interior, Stock chrome wheels, CD changer in trunk

204,000miles

Stolen from Driveway of my home in Granada Hills at about 1:18am Fri. 3/31/2017

Modifications:
(Mechanic ID number is inscribed on multiple parts including inside engine)
Eibach springs and Koni shocks - (all 4 koni's leaking/shot)
Comptech headers, air box, muffler with chrome tips
Comptech Rear non complinace bushings
Science of Speed stage II clutch
antenna switch installed in left door sill, near drivers seat control.

Condition: ( or my to do list!)
Drivers seat badly worn through on right side
Front tires are wider than stock: 225/45/16 worn down to cord, 5mm wheel spacer
Wilwood black 6 piston caliper front brakes
Rear tires nearly worn out, 40mmg rear wheel spacers
LED light bars added under front lights
missing front bumper guard
Center part of tail light - where trunk key fits - mount broken duct taped in place
Radio volume knob worn and erratic: jumps to full volume with slight movement
Right front ac evaporator fan not working

Car was featured in NSX-PO DVD from 2010 at Las Vegas/Pahrump track event.

O. K. so yes, the pre 1997 NSXs are more at risk. LUD please delete one zero from the VIN sequential number to make this a standardized 17 character VIN.

NEXT - Primer/owner/victim the original owner - - do you have record of the original engine number (C30A- XXXXXXX) it would be on your window sticker? And trans # ? Let's get them out there on the NSXPrime stolen listing as well. Honda has a superb record of traceable components. Also toss us your original police department auto theft complaint report number for your theft report so if major components appear years from now we have reference.

BEST of luck, we have had our car stolen and even a boat stolen. Take the car, but don't FVCK with my fishin' boat. Hate thieves.

EDITED 4-6-2017: VIN inconsistency handled. THANKS Lud!

Last edited:
These thieves got ballz...

Got ballz? That ain't shit, they were using tow truck here in San Diego about a decade ago. Same tactics, spot a ride, then comeback at a convenient time when your guards down. It got pinned to "Johnny tran", I guess he stole a wrong car and he was never heard from since.

Just saying, if in a state like Texas or such. If caught in the act it could mean a shotgun blast to the face. Here in California, I bet someone could shoot this low life thief then get arrested for such.:rolleyes:

Just saying, if in a state like Texas or such. If caught in the act it could mean a shotgun blast to the face. Here in California, I bet someone could shoot this low life thief then get arrested for such.:rolleyes:
pretty much. if i caught someone trying to steal my car, i'd have to ask them to come in to my house, then in to my room and face me. then ask them to pretend they're holding a weapon and then i can shoot them with the least risk of being arrested. lmao f this state

pretty much. if i caught someone trying to steal my car, i'd have to ask them to come in to my house, then in to my room and face me. then ask them to pretend they're holding a weapon and then i can shoot them with the least risk of being arrested. lmao f this state

It's a terrible thing to have a car stole, it's happened to me twice. However, I seriously doubt you'd have the ballz to pull a gun on someone. I've had a concealed carry permit for a long time, and there was only one time when I contemplated to draw my weapon. It's a scenario that I've trained for many times. The best solution to your scenario is to leave the Communist State of California.

BTW, let's not derail this thread any more. If you wish to discuss this further you can PM me or start another thread calling me out on my statement.

I have a buddy that does alarms for the TV show Bait Car. He is located here in LA Full GPS and undetectable to the thief. DM me and I will get you in touch.

Believe that I will pull my gun if someone stealing my NSX. I'd rather bring a machete. I won't think twice about it.

Mechanic ID part inscribed on metal parts?

This is interesting, never heard anyone do this before, but hopefully it will pay off if the car is parted out, which is highly likely... Good luck

Believe that I will pull my gun if someone stealing my NSX. I'd rather bring a machete. I won't think twice about it.

Why risk the legal ramifications of this rather than just let them steal it and let your insurance company do their job?

I hope more people will know about this and find the thieve. Once they can get always from this, more will follow.

My nsx is parked in Granada hills at my sister as I type this.... and it's white!!

This is the first time I heard about nsx getting stolen. I was never afraid to park my nsx anywhere but now I will think twice.

So sorry to hear!
by chance did you have carbon fiber center console and window switches and a painted R style hood?

If someone wants your car they will try....over 10 years ago an nsx was stolen from a members locked garage near Bedford NY...The best advice is to keep your nice cars hidden from public view as much as possible....if you get into a routine or leave a car unattended for long periods, that is like chum for the crooks..

Thanks to everyone for the contributions - including the off topic catch em/shoot em/make em pay - sentiments.

my case number with the LAPD is 170331001683

The initial desk officers were horrible - just took basic information and filled out CHP form 180 "NOTICE OF STORED VEHICLE". Told me 'they usually turn up in a few days' With all the cars stolen in LA, and even in Granada hills ( http://maps.latimes.com/neighborhoods/neighborhood/granada-hills/crime/ ) You know that is a blatant LIE. They told me to Wait until Monday and call another number to see which detective is assigned to the case. I even discovered that my Neighbor across the street had actual footage of my car being stolen and got the vehicle that was driving EXTREMELY slowly past the house minutes before the theft. When I called back the detective line THEY STILL SAID "WAIT UNTIL MONDAY" ( Makes me think they are on the car thieves payroll!!!)

A friend of a friend hooked me up with a active member of LAPD task force on stolen vehicles who told me the facts:

1. Standard protocol for car thieves on high end, collectible and valuable vehicles is to park the vehicle nearby - usually within a 2-3 mile radius - and wait for 24-48 hours to see if it gets picked up due to Lojack or any other theft tracking system. ( Had I known IN TIME I would have searched. Report taking officers should have told me!!!)
2. Thieves can change the onboard computer through the OBD port to make it think it has a different VIN.
3. Thieves HATE light, ie well lit areas - especially motion triggered lighting.
4. Anything that does (or makes it look like it will) take more time to steal your car will reduce their willingness to steal it.

If they want your car bad enough they will try to take it, and probably succeed. If you want it back you had better have something in place to shut it down quickly. If all that fails then tracking its location may help Law enforcement. (but their goal is catching the bad guys - not recovering your property.)

Personally I think a combined approach of:
1. Keep the car out of sight, garaged, or covered so it doesn't catch their eye.
2. obvious visual deterrents: the Club, "This vehicle protected by Smith and Wesson" or your favorite Assault rifle, blinking red light on dashboard (suggests alarm)
3. a well placed Kill switch, perhaps with a timer to shut down the entire car 5-10 seconds after it moves to strand them in the most inconvenient place a few feet from where you parked it.

Update:
Car also has new catalytic converters
New Factory OEM coolant recovery tank
Science of speed Walbro High flow fuel pump

NO: by chance did you have carbon fiber center console and window switches and a painted R style hood?

Question: does anyone know how may gran prix white NSX-T's were made (or how to find out?)

Back