• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta

Is anyone else participating in the closed beta? I've used the PS4 Share feature to upload some clips, including a complete online race on the 'Ring (excuse the twitchy steering...none of my steering wheels are compatible with PS4):

Last edited:
i registered but didn't get an invitation:frown:. How is the gameplay.

I didn't even know about this. Do you know if it works with the G29 wheel? I upgraded my G27 but don't own a single PS4 game it's useful for. I know it's a different type of game, but what's your opinion vs GT6 PS3?

I forgot I posted this...got busy again. Yes, I believe GT Sport Closed Beta does support the Logitech G29. Unfortunately, I still haven't upgraded my Logitech wheels...so I am still playing with the thumb sticks and don't want to comment too much on the gameplay until I can use one of my older wheels (or finally cave and upgrade).

I will say this...the online racing still has issues, but it is fun. I'm just bummed they took out the offline single player arcade mode after one of the earlier updates.

If you haven't gotten Driveclub, you should consider picking it up. It got patched to include a hardcore mode that makes the arcade racer feel more like a sim...hard to play on the sticks in pro mode, but arcade is way too arcade for me. It is a beautiful game and its weather effects are unrivaled.

Last edited:
I've uploaded some screens via #PS4Share to: http://www.akira3d.com/Virtual/GTS-beta

They haven't opened up Photo Mode yet, but this screen was in the feed of Photo Mode images that play behind the menus:
Gran%20Turismo%C2%AESport%20Closed%20Beta%20Test%20Version_20170402192719-X3.jpg

And, if you hadn't heard, Porsche is finally going to be a part of Gran Turismo

FYI they have just released an update to the beta with 10GB of data.

They are now on second round of beta tests and I have signed up for both and have not received any invites yet they are still posting that they are looking for tester. Why am I not getting invited? Is there a criteria i'm not meeting that I'm not aware of.

Back