• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Climate control cr---ed out

My 1991 car has decided that I do not need climate control. When I try to turn on the fan/ac/heater there is no response, the lights do not come on, nothing happens. I checked all the fuses and all are good.
Prior to this meltdown I have noticed that there was a sound, something like a fan that had something wrapped up in it.Wonder if something got in to the cockpit air supply?
Has anyone had similar experience?

Regards,
Paul

Paul,

Welcome. This is almost the most covered NSX problem there is. There is multiple threads on here, and also the NSX wiki on to CCU problems. The archives are filled with knowledge.

Brian K repairs them and does a great job. Youll need to remove and send to him.

Hi John-
Sorry, new to this forum and didn't look through the threads. I thought my CCU issue was unique (didn't expect a Honda product to have an issue like this). Lots of great info on this site. I was about to go out to the garage and get my sawzall out to remove the unit but also found the link for removing the center consul !
Kudos on a very informative site and thanks for the input.

Cheers,
Paul

mine decided to Crap out this weekend too. Its my understanding SOS has refurbished units on the shelf

It could be that both the control unit and the aircon hardware (compressor / expansion valve / evaporator) is suffering too. Have you changed the gas in the system to R134a yet?

I sent my CCU to Brian, the system works flawlessly now. The AC still blows cold after all these years....

Regards,
Paul

Glad to hear! BrianK fixed mine as well.

Also, very rarely is a sawzall the right tool to remove an automotive part. I'm not saying I haven't done it before... haha. However, I don't think I would ever do it to my NSX.

Back